GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lob her in lad

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 20, 2009, 08:50:24 PM
Quote from: Brendans abu on July 20, 2009, 12:33:14 PM
We got beat by Lawrences yesterday, still bemused how we failed to win. We were 4 points clear at half time, dominated the first half and should have been 7 or 8 points clear.

Unfortunately for us than the rain started and the referee decided to give Lawrences free after free, he was not helped by the diving of Lawrences star forward. Never had any problems with the ref before, always been very fair but yesterday's performance was shocking.

In fairness to the refs at all the games yesterday, the conditions made it very difficult for them. It looks like the top 4 now will be 4 semi-finalists unless theres a few surprise results. No-one will want to end up fourth either as they'll end up meeting John Mitchels.

Conditions were tough but not much the refs could have done, we had a couple of shouts for penalties but the ref went with the defending team which seems to be a bit of a habit as of late, Bedians does get bad when it rains but at least the showers are warm after.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

youbetterbelieveit

Hi there,
Sorry to message you out of the blue. I'm trying to put together a list of all the recent London footballers and their clubs. I've done the same for about 25 counties but am probably going to struggle with London

Could you help by adding in the first names and the clubs? Apologies to all those in Yorks,Lancs, Scotland, Herts, Warwickshire for clogging this board up.

E   Brown
N   Jordan
T   O'Donovan
M   Mooney
G   McGovern
K   Waldron
C   McHugh
M   Gillespie
N   Quinn
A   Dillane
S   Lynch   neasden
C   Foody
C   Finnerty
T   Murphy
S   Sheehan
V   Murphy
P   McDonagh
D   Treanor
F   Greenan
James Carmody (Father Murphy's)
C   Heaney
K   McCarthy
C   Byrne
N   Barry
K   Scanlon
B   Shorthall
R   Quinn
M   Donaghy
D   Cannon
P   Muldoon
P   Coggins
J   Grimes
K   Jackman
S   Walls
K   Geraghty  neasden
O   Fitzgerald
J   Niblock
D   Slattery
E   O'Reilly
D   Holland
J   Ryan
C   Kissane
C   Costello
S   Hehir
G   Kane
N   Horgan
L   O'Connell
G   O'Brien
G   Crawford
P   Connolly
H   Cunningham
P   McConigley
C   McCarthy
P   Hehir
JP   O'Donnell
C   Browne
J   Kinahan
S   Murphy
Fergus  McMahon
B   Egan
B   McDonagh
P   Quinn
S   Byrnes
N   Kane
G   Weldon
M   Drea
C   Scanlon
JP   Breslin
C   Harrison
P   Lynott
P   O'Donoghue
F   Hoban
G   McEvoy
D   McKenna
A   McLernon
S   Doran   neasden
D   Kinneavey
M   Lillis
Teu Ó hÁilpin ( Middle brother of Sean Og, Setanta and Aisake)
P   Callaghan
R   Walsh
J   Quinn
E   Brennan
B   Solan
S   McInerney
F   Cunningham
D   McGeehan
V   O'Sullivan
P   Morgan
P   Quirke
D   O'Connor
A   Brett
M   Murtagh
J   Rafter
M   Harding
P   O'Dowd
J   McKevitt
J   Coffey
Brian   McBrearty
P   Earley
S   Curran
N   Clinton
E   Sweeney
JP   Boyle
A   Gallagher
W   O'Sullivan
M   Gill
C   Fuller
D   Meehan
J   Murphy
E   Byrne
Conor  Beirne
Stuart McKenzie-Smith (former Kildare Senior Player)
P   McDermott
S   Boyle
Shaun   Campbell
E   O'Connor
D   O'Brien
M   Mulholland
D   Gallagher
F   Cleary
M   Kennedy
D   Byrnes
C   Donnellan
A   Shanaghy
B   Comer   neasden
N   Spain
P   Fagan
D   Moriarty
J   Callery
M   McNulty
Eamon   O'Cuiv
B   Casey
G   Flanagan
B   O'Mahoney
S   Maguire
C   Moroney
Thomas   Moriarty
D   O'Sullivan
M   Keane
T   Pierce
Thomas   Moriarty
M   Hughes
R   Morgan
A   Raftery  neasden
O   Henry
Paul   Geraghty   neasden
G   O'Hare
H   Murphy
E   Henry
A   Hayes
Padraig   Duffy   neasden
Peader   Friel      neasden
O   Coffey
Donal   Conlon
Paul   Malone
C   Eastwood
Adrian   Casey
J   Cott
B   Quinn
A   Murray
D   Hogan
Kieran   McBreen
E   Gallagher
Diarmuid   Keating
John   Hughes
D   McBride
Ferdinand   Coyne
Killian   Phair

southdown

Any reports from Chester v St Peters last night in the juniors?  A good high scoring game by all accounts.

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on July 24, 2009, 02:14:08 PM
Any reports from Chester v St Peters last night in the juniors?  A good high scoring game by all accounts.

It was an enjoyable game to play in. We were always in control but took the foot of the pedal in the second half. Chester have some very good players. Not sure if they'll be ready for senior level next season though. Not too many games left in the junior league now, the fixtures for the quater finals will be out in the next few weeks.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

lob her in lad

Lawrences v Oisin.

I have to say that the Lancashire county board is turning into something of a joke, 30 plus men waiting to play an important championship game down Turnmoss yesterday and all the preparation ruined by no referee turning up. How are they supposed to promote the games over here if no games actually go ahead. The game will be changed to either the 8th or 13th of August apparently.

Brendans v Mitchels

Far too soon for Brendans to come into the senior championship. It looks as if they need to get their shop in order before they can even think about entering next year. Why they would cancel the last championship game against Mitchels is beyond me. Fair enough they had no chance really of making the finals but all teams should fulfil all fixtures. I think it's a case of St. Pats replacing Brendans in the senior next year.

Peters v Annes

Caught the last ten minutes of this game and bar one or two weak performances in defence for peters they looked a lot stronger and sharp than Annes. Annes are another team that are wasted in the Senior ranks. This is from talking to some of the key members of the club and not something I am saying to just cause some controversy. 5 at training must be very hard for a club trying to push for a championship semi final spot.

So that leaves two possible semi final scenarios dependant on the Oisins v Lawrences game, If Oisins beat Lawrences by 11 points or more then it will be an Oisins v Peters semi and any other result after that and it will be Mitchels v Oisins. Either way should be two good semi final matches.  
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Zulu

Lads I'm moving to Edinburgh to do a Postgrad but I can't get accomodation through the University, I was wondering if anyone who has lived in Edinburgh might be able to advise me on areas to try and get a room, i.e places close to the University and areas to avoid. I'll be playing ball there but i haven't got any response from the Edinburgh GAA website contact so if anyone could give us a few pointers it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

carnaross

Yorkshire Junior League Final - Sunday, August 2, 2009:
John F. Kennedy's 0-08, St. Benedicts Harps 1-06.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Zulu on July 31, 2009, 06:35:50 PM
Lads I'm moving to Edinburgh to do a Postgrad but I can't get accomodation through the University, I was wondering if anyone who has lived in Edinburgh might be able to advise me on areas to try and get a room, i.e places close to the University and areas to avoid. I'll be playing ball there but i haven't got any response from the Edinburgh GAA website contact so if anyone could give us a few pointers it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

I lived in Edinburgh for 6 years and i have to say anywhere close to the universities are quite good. Tollcross, Morningside, up around the grassmarket, Haymarket are also good. In fariness Edinburgh is small and the public transport is good, its a great place to live. I will PM you contact numbers for club members

stevetharlear

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 05, 2009, 12:38:06 PM

I lived in Edinburgh for 6 years and i have to say anywhere close to the universities are quite good. Tollcross, Morningside, up around the grassmarket, Haymarket are also good. In fariness Edinburgh is small and the public transport is good, its a great place to live. I will PM you contact numbers for club members

Right, I'm trying to work out who An Gaelgóir is now... can't remember any gaelgóirs from my time there.

maddog

Quote from: stevetharlear on August 16, 2009, 01:14:41 PM

Right, I'm trying to work out who An Gaelgóir is now... can't remember any gaelgóirs from my time there.

You would be lucky to remember last week in all fairness. :-*

SuperHans

lads we need a referee for sat night up in newcastle.

anybody from the scottish, lancs or yorks scene know anybody who might be interested.

Travel expenses plus will be paid

stevetharlear

Quote from: maddog on August 17, 2009, 08:43:51 AM

You would be lucky to remember last week in all fairness. :-*

Stalker.

Rossfan

Quote from: SuperHans on August 17, 2009, 10:54:52 AM
lads we need a referee for sat night up in newcastle.

Travel expenses plus will be paid

I'm ye're man  :D if it's €0.50 per mile
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

botman

Yeah I'd go along with this. I lived there for a while and played some football. Had a great time - you'll love it.
The football is well organised awhich also helps.
Keep them at it.

southdown

Mitchels won the Lancashire League fairly easily.  Any news on the Oisins full back Ciaran O'Connor, looked like a nasty leg break?