GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

Yorkshire Junior League A final result from last night: Brothers Pearse (1-03) 2-07, St. Benedicts Harps (0-03) 0-16.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zulu

British feile on this weekend in Birmingham. The Scotland team head off today for the weekend and I'd like to wish them the best of luck. A very young team but lots of very good footballers so it will be interesting to see how they get on.

Ros78

I am looking to move to the UK next October/November and was wondering about playing football in the UK. I have played for Roscommon at all levels including senior. Is there any clubs that can help me get work?

Fuzzman

innocent bystander

At what stage is the Yorkshire senior championship at will it be between O Neills and Harps?  also what are thoughts on the Lancashire championship?

theticklemister

John Mitchell surprisingly got beat by Oisins last week; oisins really pushing it this year. That leaves oisins v Brendan's and Mitchell's v peters. You expect the two former teams to come through and meet again in the final. I have refer all of Mitchell's home games this year and they look as strong as they have ever done. I know they were missing a few men last time. Fancy them to win it again

innocent bystander

Yeah from what i have seen of Mitchells they are not carrying any hangover from the All Ireland run seem just as strong as last year. Hard to tell with the Manc teams been up and down.

Where are the other county championships up to in Britain  any other county followers on here?

theticklemister

Not much chat on this forum this year. I dunno what the rest of you think, but not the same buzz this year in Lancashire as in previous years.

laceer

I'm hearing Brendan's and Peter's have fallen back a bit this year. Oisins have signed a few decent players and are looking to put back to back final appearances together - they'll have learned a lot from last years final. Mitchells are the old masters at this stage though. Bags of experience and quality throughout their team and they know how to win championships - Crossmaglen-like domination of Lancashire over the past 10 years. Would love to see Oisins get another crack at Mitchells in this year's final.

Are Wolfe Tones still lining out in Junior this year? They had a good first couple of years but then dropped down to Junior? They would be as good, if not better than St Lawrence's who plough on in senior. Fair play to Wolfe Tones for getting another team going in Liverpool though-they've a great spirit about the club despite being so young.

oakleaf93

Brendan's have conceded tonights Junior championship match to Lawrence's which isn't a great sign.

The same two teams due to meet on Sunday to see who will play Oisin's in Senior semi-final.

innocent bystander

Oisin beat Mitchells again in the senior league final this weekend and looked good doing it.  was a very good game, teams seemed up for it.  will it have a bearing on the championship? still you would think Mitchells are the team to beat but both semis are going to interesting dont think Peters and Brendans will roll over, under the radar will suit them.

theticklemister

Quote from: innocent bystander on August 25, 2015, 04:46:52 PM
Oisin beat Mitchells again in the senior league final this weekend and looked good doing it.  was a very good game, teams seemed up for it.  will it have a bearing on the championship? still you would think Mitchells are the team to beat but both semis are going to interesting dont think Peters and Brendans will roll over, under the radar will suit them.

any notable absentees?

well thats two victories in two weeks and they beat them in Junior League final too. So 3 victories over the Liverpool enemy can only be a good thing.

I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks time in the double semi-finals at Old Bedians. I think the Mitchels will be a different animal in knockout Championship if they meet in the final.

What club are you with bystander?

innocent bystander

Mitchels were missing Rice and Cassidy up front not sure who else seemed to have there big names Mulligan, Mc Dermott, Jackson, Mc Gurk, Carey.  dont think Molloy is playing this year. Oisin were full out by the looks of it but again would know all their players.

bit of a shock with Peters beating Mitchels in the junior semi? will that have any impact on the senior semi?  Anybody see the juniors last night?

laceer

Oisins v Mitchells in the Lancashire final. Repeat of last year's fixture

BennyHarp

Hugh O'Neills beat Cuchullainns 4-10 to 0-15 in Yorkshire. They play St Benedict's Harps in the final. Cuchullainns were a shadow of their previous sides to be fair to them.
That was never a square ball!!