Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

trailer

Quote from: bennydorano on October 08, 2018, 10:29:05 PM
Not a very likeable person from my own personal experiences in St Pats Armagh. Didnt strike me as very Christian.

He certainly was a strange being. However important to point out the allegations are not of a sexual nature and they relate to a time before he was ordained, over 40 years ago. Difficult to investigate this given how memories fade over time. 

Jim Bob

Not of a sexual nature ? Where was this stated?

bennydorano

Funny i said today it wouldn't surprise me if the accusations were of a non sexual nature and quite possibly could be physical abuse.

southtyronegael

the statement released by the church does not say whether it was sexual or not.

trailer

Jim Bob

trailer

GetOverTheBar

Was in St.Patricks Academy at the time McAleer was in charge.

Doubt its sexual, wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was physical as previously stated - not a very pleasant man I'm afraid.

The Iceman

I remember him dishing out digs to lads, particularly boarders at school, all the time. He periodically would kick me if I had my legs stretched out under the desk. He put one lad in the bin for most of a class many times. He definitely was old school when it came to that kind of thing. Acted more like my Dad's school teachers from 60s and 70s than you would have expected in the 90s.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: The Iceman on October 09, 2018, 02:25:07 PM
I remember him dishing out digs to lads, particularly boarders at school, all the time. He periodically would kick me if I had my legs stretched out under the desk. He put one lad in the bin for most of a class many times. He definitely was old school when it came to that kind of thing. Acted more like my Dad's school teachers from 60s and 70s than you would have expected in the 90s.

There was always a wickedness in him from memory and he wasn't afraid to remind of his boxing days.  A few of the boarders seemed to be singled out most of the time too.

five points

If this is the new standard, every second male teacher from the 80s is for the chop now...

GetOverTheBar

Apparently it's a financial irregularity at play here.

Can't help but think of the old 'but that money was just resting in my account' now.

Itchy

Sounds like a lovely man with a perfect temperament to be a priest and to be involved in Tyrone football.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
Sounds like a lovely man with a perfect temperament to be a priest and to be involved in Tyrone football.

Wouldn't believe everything you read on here.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Itchy on October 09, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
mickey harte only keeps the finest of company.