Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

gardrumchum

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on June 06, 2015, 01:19:06 AM
Tonight very much reminded me of last weekends game. Another tame exit from a big name club.  Omagh looked impressive all the same,  should be a tight affair with dromore

One point for Carrickmore in second half. Must have been some wind all right. Another Derry manager bites the dust. Barney Gormley did some job last year to be fair. I heard someone say last year that's the end da Gormley. I thought they were talking about Barney or Conor but it must have been there new manager.

Under Lights

Some interesting results in division 3 yesterday- Plumbrisge going well

Wee Roddy

Just about able to stomach football talk today after Friday night no show. My father talks about the 16 year drought he witness from 1979. I think I may be about to witness one myself. As a club I don't think we appreciated how good a players we had 6-8 years ago. In recent times we never replaced physical players like Gaby McCallan Ciaran McAleer or Paul Hughes. One thing about Barney Gormley, his teams were fired up for championship games and they tried to intimidate from the sideline.

Dire Ear

winghalfback

Clonoe were a bit like ardboe showed no desire guts or want to win. Change of the guard in tyrone football for a while no carrickmore clonoe ardboe for a while.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: winghalfback on June 07, 2015, 06:09:28 PM
Clonoe were a bit like ardboe showed no desire guts or want to win. Change of the guard in tyrone football for a while no carrickmore clonoe ardboe for a while.

Tame display by Clonoe. No bite, or drive. Fianna better all over field and defence were outstanding. Will be real contenders. Clonoe still a young side and should be back.
First on the field and last to leave

Club Rossa

Fianna were excellent today and will be expecting to make the last 4 now.A strangely muted performance from Clonoe.Perhaps the events of Friday had an effect on them but Clonoe boys at the game were saying they wouldn't be using that as an excuse.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 07, 2015, 06:37:51 PM
Fianna were excellent today and will be expecting to make the last 4 now.A strangely muted performance from Clonoe.Perhaps the events of Friday had an effect on them but Clonoe boys at the game were saying they wouldn't be using that as an excuse.

No excuses.played of the park. Fianna had our number from the throw in. Serious questions over our tactics.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

redzone

what happened to kicking long diagonal balls into mcnulty. ran the ball all day today and were just met by a sea of blue. Louis oneill was outstanding. it was a proper champ match with hard hits and brilliant scores and moves. its all on the day and coaisland were by far the better team. clonoe fought gamely though and suggestions to ardboes performance are well of the mark. only 2 in it at the end but u always felt the island would hold out. colly doris was a massive loss to clonoe has he always seemed to be the man they looked to before when they were in trouble. im sure clonoe will be back but tyrone championship is extremely competive . that's 3 derry men managing who were getting paid a small ransom out of the championship, and not soon enough. waste of money

Up The Middle

Great win for killyclogher as well. 4 big teams gone and not one of them can have any complaints. Next round could be August depending on how tyrone progress. Dromore v omagh should be a hell of a game.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

gardrumchum

Quote from: redzone on June 07, 2015, 07:09:18 PM
what happened to kicking long diagonal balls into mcnulty. ran the ball all day today and were just met by a sea of blue. Louis oneill was outstanding. it was a proper champ match with hard hits and brilliant scores and moves. its all on the day and coaisland were by far the better team. clonoe fought gamely though and suggestions to ardboes performance are well of the mark. only 2 in it at the end but u always felt the island would hold out. colly doris was a massive loss to clonoe has he always seemed to be the man they looked to before when they were in trouble. im sure clonoe will be back but tyrone championship is extremely competive . that's 3 derry men managing who were getting paid a small ransom out of the championship, and not soon enough. waste of money

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 07, 2015, 09:21:36 PM
Great win for killyclogher as well. 4 big teams gone and not one of them can have any complaints. Next round could be August depending on how tyrone progress. Dromore v omagh should be a hell of a game.
Does that make it 4 Derry men

Redhand Santa

As a neutral I must say I really enjoyed the performances by coalisland and Killyclogher today. Both teams have a lot of good footballers who are great to watch and both teams run the ball very well and have good finishers. Conal McCann had a great second half and Bradley took his goal great.

Would have a lot of time for errigal but was a bit disappointed in ciaran mcginley tonight. Got involved a lot of the ball and there was no need for the punch near the end.

I've said before I can see arguments both ways about the championship but there definitely was some positives this year. All teams had 2 or 3 weeks notice and chance to get themselves fine tuned. They also werent reliant on coming out of America after the summer.

I'd like to see Harte call in mcnulty. Personally I'm not convinced he's ready for county football but he does offer something a bit different. It's a pity pj walked away.

Tommo2

Great 2nd half by Killyclogher. Mind you, they were awful in the first half. Ciaran McGinley was obviously intent in missing the first round of the championship next year.

Max Payne

Was at a number of the games over the weekend but today's between Clonoe and the Fianna really impressed me. The standard of football and in particular scoring was top drawer. Great to see.