Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

Two Jonnies is very light hearted and enjoyable
Blindboy is very good and would get you thinking
Off the ball the GAA is worth a listen
We are Cavan I pay the fiver for it and really enjoy the content
Real talks is interesting depending on the guest
We are Ulster good for northies
Serial the first series is brilliant but I don't think its hit the same heights since
GAA Joe is good and enjoy the content
Secret teacher is a crime podcast

The radio never gets turned on!

Minder

Used to quite like The Anfield Wrap but find them unbelievably smug at times, especially Neil Atkinson, loves the sound of his own voice and won't let anyone else speak.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Syferus on June 12, 2018, 02:01:51 PM
Slow Burn by Slate.com, which is about Watergate, is great.

I started listening to this and then went on summer holidays and forgot about it.

A belated thanks for the reminder!

J70

Anyone interested in US politics, The Daily from The NY Times is excellent. Basically a 20 minute look at some current issue of the day, setting it in context and history, no screaming, not preachy.

J70

Quote from: Minder on November 02, 2018, 11:57:33 AM
Used to quite like The Anfield Wrap but find them unbelievably smug at times, especially Neil Atkinson, loves the sound of his own voice and won't let anyone else speak.

Just started listening to Blood Red from the Liverpool Echo. Not bad so far.

Used to listen to ESPN FC with Steve Nicol, Craig Burley, Shaka Hislop etc., but you get tired of them all taking the piss and shouting, while not giving much in the way of football analysis.

I like Dunphy's interviews with Giles and Brady on English football, even if Dunphy could tone down the sycophancy.

He also interviews Niall Stanage, a northern lad who works for The Hill. Usually interesting inside-Washington stuff.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 12, 2018, 02:01:51 PM
Slow Burn by Slate.com, which is about Watergate, is great.

I started listening to this and then went on summer holidays and forgot about it.

A belated thanks for the reminder!

Yeah very good, listened to the Watergate one and now onto the Bill Clinton/Lewinsky one.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Don Johnson

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 02, 2018, 10:51:47 AM
The last two Blindboy live podcasts have been very good. David McWilliams and Roddy Doyle on as guests

They really were. His Spike Lee one was class too.

Looking forward to the Bernadette Devlin one dropping.

Main Street

I listened to the Hurricane Tapes, a13 part BBC podcast (just completed) and it's an exceptional addition to the story of Rubin Hurricane Carter.
The two guys did an amazing amount of research into old and new material and the end product is enjoyably educational.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/Hurricane

Harold Disgracey

Was at a recording of the Blindboy live podcast in Castleblayney last Saturday night. A very interesting discussion on the arts, the guests were Abbie Spallen and Trish Lambe. I wasn't too sure what to expect but really enjoyed it.

lurganblue

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 04, 2019, 11:06:26 AM
Was at a recording of the Blindboy live podcast in Castleblayney last Saturday night. A very interesting discussion on the arts, the guests were Abbie Spallen and Trish Lambe. I wasn't too sure what to expect but really enjoyed it.

I saw he has one coming up in Belfast and I would be tempted to go.  Does he notify who the guest are beforehand or do you just go and find out?

MoChara

I've started to listen to a Podcast called Motherfoclóir it's in english but revolves around the Irish Language. I don't speak Irish myself but its normally an interesting listen.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: lurganblue on April 04, 2019, 11:11:04 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 04, 2019, 11:06:26 AM

I saw he has one coming up in Belfast and I would be tempted to go.  Does he notify who the guest are beforehand or do you just go and find out?

He normally tweets out who the guests are and asks for questions.

trailer

Does anyone listen to podcasts on their Alexa and if so what app do they use? I can obviously link through my phone but its clunky if you want to use your phone for something else and I find podcasts take up an awful amount of storage.

laoislad

Have been listening to The Peter Crouch podcast lately, its very good and very funny at times.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

marty34

What's the best hurling podcast out at the minute?