The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Seafood
That is poignant and touching stuff... Trump's assault on the truth is tearing the country apart. Let's hope this will all end soon. I am not holding my breath though. As long as Mitch McConnell and Co can use him for enriching their donors, he ain't going anywhere soon.

J70

Is there anyone left on the board to debate this shit, whether it's Trump or the party that have prostituted themselves to him, their policies on guns and the environment, their demonization and dehumanization of immigrants, Muslims and other minorities, or their cynical, anti-democratic, scorched earth power grabs and gerrymandering?

screenexile

Da fuq was that???!!!

Maybe I haven't seen many but that has to be one of the most bizarre things seen in the Oval office in front of a camera!

heganboy

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2018, 06:41:25 PM
Da fuq was that???!!!

Maybe I haven't seen many but that has to be one of the most bizarre things seen in the Oval office in front of a camera!

+1
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2018, 06:03:17 PM
Is there anyone left on the board to debate this shit, whether it's Trump or the party that have prostituted themselves to him, their policies on guns and the environment, their demonization and dehumanization of immigrants, Muslims and other minorities, or their cynical, anti-democratic, scorched earth power grabs and gerrymandering?

There isn't much point in debating with the CNN brainwashed.

If you read back through this thread you'll find so much nonsense from democrat supporters who think the world is about to end because Hillary Clinton didn't win an election.

Donald Trump won. Grow up and move on. But you can't....
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

screenexile

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 11, 2018, 06:46:03 PM

If you read back through this thread you'll find so much nonsense from democrat supporters who think the world is about to end because Hillary Clinton didn't win an election.

Yeah . . . that was totally normal stuff that happened in the Oval today. It's grand sure!

dec

Idiot claiming "tremendous amounts of wall have been built"

heganboy

Hey Dolph- welcome to the board, there's a lot of reason not to debate things entirely your call.

Is your argument that Donald Trump was elected by the electoral college system- don't think anyone is disagreeing.

Is there more you'd like to add? or just going straight to the baseless slagging?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Dolph1

Quote from: heganboy on December 11, 2018, 07:08:30 PM

Hey Dolph- welcome to the board, there's a lot of reason not to debate things entirely your call.

Is your argument that Donald Trump was elected by the electoral college system- don't think anyone is disagreeing.

Is there more you'd like to add? or just going straight to the baseless slagging?

Hegan - Baseless slagging? you just proved my point. You bring up the electoral college angle because you can't let it go.  It comes across as very immature.

I see a lot of outrage from the democrat supporters regarding the wall. It might be more sobering to look at the US situation and apply it to Ireland. Would you then be as favourable? Just say that after Brexit the whole of the UK decided to move to Ireland.

Would you want Ireland to allow unlimited immigration?
Would you want the immigrants to be allowed in unvetted? (border security just let them through or catch and release)
Would you want to pay more tax to fund the above and their immediate/long term needs and all the facilities required.
Would you want to run the risk of losing your job or having to lower your wages to compete with this new labour force?
Would you want your communities to be safe?

Try answering that honestly. If you can say none of the above concern you I'd find it very strange.

J70

Well, its a good job for this thread that we have some brash new conservative blood like yourself to stand up for the Trump/GOP approach.

Defend away...

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 12, 2018, 11:15:07 AM

Hegan - Baseless slagging? you just proved my point. You bring up the electoral college angle because you can't let it go.  It comes across as very immature.

I see a lot of outrage from the democrat supporters regarding the wall. It might be more sobering to look at the US situation and apply it to Ireland. Would you then be as favourable? Just say that after Brexit the whole of the UK decided to move to Ireland.

Would you want the immigrants to be allowed in unvetted? (border security just let them through or catch and release)
Would you want to pay more tax to fund the above and their immediate/long term needs and all the facilities required.
Would you want to run the risk of losing your job or having to lower your wages to compete with this new labour force?

Try answering that honestly. If you can say none of the above concern you I'd find it very strange.

How about setting up the questions honestly?

I don't know any Democratic politician, or indeed liberal-leaning person, who is in favour of just allowing people to flow into the country, unvetted or unlimited.

Yes, Individual 1 wants to grandstand about the "open borders" Democrats, but just because he continuously peddles lies and bullshit for political reasons doesn't mean that everyone else should engage in a straw man debate.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2018, 12:23:17 PM

I don't know any Democratic politician, or indeed liberal-leaning person, who is in favour of just allowing people to flow into the country, unvetted or unlimited.

Yes, Individual 1 wants to grandstand about the "open borders" Democrats, but just because he continuously peddles lies and bullshit for political reasons doesn't mean that everyone else should engage in a straw man debate.

If you agree with Trump about effectively stopping unvetted and unlimited immigration then you need a wall along with an effective vetting rocedure. Obama, Clinton, Schumer and the rest all were in favour of a wall in years gone by but have switched their attitude for self-preservation. Tell me that isn't true.

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on December 12, 2018, 12:47:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2018, 12:23:17 PM

If you agree with Trump about effectively stopping unvetted and unlimited immigration then you need a wall along with an effective vetting rocedure. Obama, Clinton, Schumer and the rest all were in favour of a wall in years gone by but have switched their attitude for self-preservation. Tell me that isn't true.

1. What is an "effective vetting procedure" and how does it differ from what's been in place?
2. Go ahead and post where the Dems (or indeed any Republican in a position of power) has called for a physical wall along all, or indeed, a substantial length, of the US southern border?

whitey

You're wasting your breath

Democrats love what's happening at the border because it gives them a cudgel to bash Trump

Obama tear gassed people at the border.....not a peep

Obama put kids in cages.....not a peep

Obama separates "families"......not a peep

See, illegals are counted in the census, and if you paid the numbers with illegals you get more seats in Congress and by default more Electoral College votes. (Not to mention Federal Funding)

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2018, 01:00:03 PM
You're wasting your breath

Democrats love what's happening at the border because it gives them a cudgel to bash Trump

Obama tear gassed people at the border.....not a peep

Obama put kids in cages.....not a peep

Obama separates "families"......not a peep

See, illegals are counted in the census, and if you paid the numbers with illegals you get more seats in Congress and by default more Electoral College votes. (Not to mention Federal Funding)

Whitey once again posting bullshit that's been repeatedly addressed, debated and refuted in this very thread.

Wasting breath indeed.