The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2015, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 09:21:34 AM
Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

I am not a fan of Warburton. In fact I rate Tipuric as better.

I think its gona be tight. The taffs are a cocky bunch.
He's not too shabby at the breakdown. Hopefully Ireland can put some clear distance between them and Wales and then maintain pressure til the end. If they allow Wales to come onto them the way England did, they may get punished.

Not so sure Tony. I think a lot of hype surrounds him and he isn't the player he was when he first burst on the seen. His turnover stats would be nowhere near McCaw/Pocock/Hooper etc

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Very, very poor from Ireland.

cockahoop

has to be one of the worst performances ive ever seen from ireland and thats saying something,totally choked!!

Tony Baloney

Can't remember the last time there were so many handling errors in a match. Can't expect to win with so many mistakes.

Onthe40

Ireland very poor today..trying to charge thru the same door that wouldn't open..sexton not at it..the kicking on the margins didn't work..lineout an absolute mare..Wales defence able to handle Ireland's one dimensional attack..handling atrocious..big dent in the confidence..

JoG2

I'll tell ye what, Wales could have been blown up for going off their feet numerous times in the 2nd half.

It's a pity flair players like Zebo are lost in a match like that facing to the sheer size of the Welsh backs and the limited space

If Sexton was on his game with the kicks it would have been a different result

lynchbhoy

Same perf as every other day
Diff was garland destroyed smicht tactics and wales didn't let Ireland play and negated sextons kicking game.
Again Ireland showed they had no clue on how to break through a defence other than a high ball into the corner - which was snuffed out today by the welsh ability in the air.
Lucky enough to get the penalty try. V unlucky with those last two penalties awarded to wales.
But they (wales) are natural rugby players and this inherent ability won them the match.

Prob deserve to lose having that Ireland's dirge as the 'national anthem'

Not all bad though , most aspects of the game are there despite not executing them well today ( line outs) so the tactics for the World Cup can focus in breaking the line and how to score f**king tries.
Goal kicking alone won't win a World Cup IMO.

lynchbhoy

Come on england and beat those dirty cheating jocko buxtards!!

JoG2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 14, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
Diff was garland destroyed smicht tactics and wales didn't let Ireland play and negated sextons kicking game.
Again Ireland showed they had no clue on how to break through a defence other than a high ball into the corner - which was snuffed out today by the welsh ability in the air.
Lucky enough to get the penalty try. V unlucky with those last two penalties awarded to wales.
But they are natural rugby players and this inherent ability won't them the match.

Not all bad though , most aspects of the game are there despite not executing them well today ( line outs) so the tactics for the World Cup can focus in breaking the line and how to score f**king tries.

England did!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 03:57:58 PM
Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

He's not too shabby at the breakdown. Hopefully Ireland can put some clear distance between them and Wales and then maintain pressure til the end. If they allow Wales to come onto them the way England did, they may get punished.

Not so sure Tony. I think a lot of hype surrounds him and he isn't the player he was when he first burst on the seen. His turnover stats would be nowhere near McCaw/Pocock/Hooper etc

He was class today

lynchbhoy

Quote from: JoG2 on March 14, 2015, 04:37:39 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 14, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
But they are natural rugby players and this inherent ability won't them the match.

England did!
Do you honestly believe that?
Or is it lazy minded reminiscing ?
They had a fantastic well drilled pack and exceptional if under utilized backs all laying the platform to score tries or penalties that their pack /backs engineered.

Wilkinson executed the penalties. But he was not having to shoulder all the attacking play the way sexton has to. It's a single point of failure that wales figured out how to shut down and that won them the game today

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 14, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

He was class today
+1

Syferus

Amazing second half, unreal intensity and that 30 phase attack was key for Wales, getting nothing there was gutting but at least we didn't wilt. Sexton poor, line-out terrible cost us big time.

Still, we've got every chance heading into the final weekend. I think most would have settled for retaining  the Six Nations and beating France and England so let's finish the job and let the rest go whatever they do.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 14, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 14, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

He was class today
+1

Hands up I'll admit he proved me wrong today. Wake up call for Ireland. Do no harm ahead of RWC.