Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Broken bone in hand according to ITV, out anyway. There's a man having sleepless nights, especially after yesterday's finish.

Edit, not hand at all, collarbone

markl121

Quote from: bennydorano on July 08, 2023, 03:02:17 PM
Broken bone in hand according to ITV, out anyway. There's a man having sleepless nights, especially after yesterday's finish.
By all accounts he probably should have got the win yesterday, philipsens move was dangerous, but I honestly think because it was him standing to benefit, they didn't want the record broken on a DQ

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 08, 2023, 03:02:17 PM

Edit, not hand at all, collarbone
Fcuk that's a cruel finish after yesterday.

manfromdelmonte

Nobody died
The Tour moves on and we won't have to listen to the Cav fanclub for the rest of it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 08, 2023, 09:55:20 PM
Nobody died
The Tour moves on and we won't have to listen to the Cav fanclub for the rest of it

Hopefully no more since the recent death, could have worded it better but hey ho
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 08, 2023, 09:55:20 PM
Nobody died
Alright then. Good on you.

bennydorano

If that's it for Cavendish he will be spoken of in the same breath as Mercx for the rest of his days, could be worse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 09, 2023, 09:15:21 AM
If that's it for Cavendish he will be spoken of in the same breath as Mercx for the rest of his days, could be worse.

For the likes of Cavendish, what would earnings be per year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

He wouldn't be on huge money at Astana as he's in the twilight of his career and they're not one of thr bigger teams (probably still getting a £million + I'd imagine) but he's always had big sponsorship deals that would dwarf his annual salary, Oakley & Monster energy probably the 2 current big ones, he used to have a big deal with Specialized/ S Works bikes as well.

Recent top wages info https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/froome-earns-more-than-van-aert-sagan-on-more-than-roglic-report-reveals-top-20-male-pro-cycling-salaries

I see Astana have said he'd be welcome to stay on for one more year if he wants.

Milltown Row2

They earn every penny considering the dangers involved with cycling at that level.

Great to see, some hard work for short number of years

markl121

Astana want him back for 2024 👀

grounded

Another super stage. Tough on Jorgensson but Woods very impressive. Tad took another bite out of Jonah's lead. This is shaping up to be some battle.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: grounded on July 09, 2023, 07:37:27 PM
Another super stage. Tough on Jorgensson but Woods very impressive. Tad took another bite out of Jonah's lead. This is shaping up to be some battle.
Woods' first TDF win. Couldn't believe that when they said it.
Few of our club lads heading over this week to catch a few stages.

illdecide

Was over last week and followed the tour for 2 days. One stage up a 10-12% climb and the following day descending the Tourmalet. These guys are super human when you actually try the climbs yourself and realise they actually climb over twice my pace. Pure mad men on them descents too, you can see the cars and motorbikes struggling to keep pace with them.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

Kuss gone! 4.5km of climbing left and Pog has Yates with him. Big test for Vingegaard now.