Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

"We can almost consider him British" says Bradley Wiggins. I don't know how Sean Kelly didn't deck him. When are these clowns ever going to learn?

https://www.the42.ie/bradley-wiggins-sam-bennett-british-claim-5199964-Sep2020/

Orior

Sports Impressionist Conor Moore:

Cycling Nutter Peter Sagan:
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

What a finish. Insane gradients to finish.  Fair play to Superman. Primoz still in the driving seat.

grounded

What a finish. This tour has been brilliant.

bennydorano

Wow, couldn't actually believe that as it unfolded, such drama for a TT. Roglic will be inconsolable when he gets away from the cameras, very gracious in defeat.

grounded

Primoz looked destroyed crossing the line. Felt gutted for the fella. Saying that he came fifth today and there wasnt a huge amount betweeb 2nd and 5th. Normally that would have been enough.
     But Pogacar was just awesome.

SHEEDY

What a ride by pogacar, one of the all time great rides at the tour, great stuff. Have to feel sorry for roglic though, just didn't seem to have the legs on the final climb, probably a bit of panic also set in as the time gap crumbled away.
nil satis nisi optimum

grounded

Good lad Sam Bennett. Fantastic

SHEEDY

Brillant Sam Bennett.
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

Did anyone spot the ghost of Charlie lurking behind Sam on the podium?

illdecide

Guys what device do you use on your bikes? Was going to buy a garmin for my new bike as i've traditionally always used a Fitbit with GPS on it and then downloaded it onto Strava. So if i buy a garmin computer for the new bike do i need a watch also that's compatible? Or is that overkill? If i need just the bike computer then what do you recommend?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2020, 01:54:50 PM
Guys what device do you use on your bikes? Was going to buy a garmin for my new bike as i've traditionally always used a Fitbit with GPS on it and then downloaded it onto Strava. So if i buy a garmin computer for the new bike do i need a watch also that's compatible? Or is that overkill? If i need just the bike computer then what do you recommend?

not something i am that up on as i've only just went from old style 20quid computer to a Wahoo bolt. Cracking device but it's too small for me as the eyes wouldnt be that great anymore. There is a bigger version of the same device but think its about £100 more.

illdecide

Quote from: maddog on November 17, 2020, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2020, 01:54:50 PM

not something i am that up on as i've only just went from old style 20quid computer to a Wahoo bolt. Cracking device but it's too small for me as the eyes wouldnt be that great anymore. There is a bigger version of the same device but think its about £100 more.

Yeah forgot about the Wahoo bolt too, i've seen plenty of them about...Look the part
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

I've been having battery issues with my Garmin 520 after 3 or 4 years use (40-50m spin and its near done, I've a power bank with me on all spins now). Keeping an eye out for a Wahoo Element Bolt myself, £185 generally, they should go down to £150 somewhere this Black Friday festive season. Noticed the Wahoos are generous with the oul climbing footage, my Garmin is kat in that regard.