Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 02, 2020, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: gerry on September 01, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Glad to see Dan Martin out of any GC chances, this way he wont be hunted down if he goes stage hunting.  Tomorrow another sprint stage for Sam so here's hoping.
Riding with a broken bone in his back. Has said he'll target stage wins and isn't interested in GC but it'll be interesting to see if he's fit to compete for any wins.

Thought he might have a go yesterday but he went backwards quickly on final climb. Maybe later on in race he might get away in a break with a big lead. Attacking out of the group of favourites looks to be an impossibility at the moment. Van Aart has some engine on him. Today looks to be for the sprinters maybe Bennett in green later on. Some lumps today so maybe they can shake Ewan or at least take the edge off him.

illdecide

Well done Sam B...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

oakleaflad

van Aert with the win, he is one powerful rider. Bennett third, should be him in green I think? He looks to be in great form.

oakleaflad

Sam Bennett looks like he'll lose the Green jersey today. Bora distanced most of the sprinters with a huge unexpected push on a hill early on. Sagan now in virtual Green after the intermediate sprint and it looks like he'll get the jersey at the end of the day.

Orior

When I am cycling my right leg does most of the work. How could I get the left leg to do more, or it's equal share?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Assuming you're clipped in a bike fit would ikely sort it. If riding flat pedals I wouldn't be sure, Google/ youtube for bike set up / body position tips.

maddog

Quote from: Orior on September 06, 2020, 09:23:44 PM
When I am cycling my right leg does most of the work. How could I get the left leg to do more, or it's equal share?

Follow Jens Voight advice

maddog

Pancake flat today. Time for Sam to step up to the plate.

BenDover

Got a lend of a turbo trainer for some indoor use, any recommendations for good plans to build up leg speed/strength or do I invest in a zwift sub and follow the plans on there?

oakleaflad

Great win for Bennett. Looked really strong. Back in Green.

maddog

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 08, 2020, 04:20:29 PM

perfect lead out. Superb result

gerrykeegan

Interview afterwards was great.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

straightred

Quote from: maddog on September 08, 2020, 04:22:11 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on September 08, 2020, 04:20:29 PM

perfect lead out. Superb result

The speeds are crazy. He averaged 58km/h for the last 1km today and hit a top speed of 65km/h just before the finish line. I'm happy when i average 25 or 26. To get to 65km on the flat must take serious leg power

mrdeeds

Quote from: BenDover on September 08, 2020, 03:09:26 PM
Got a lend of a turbo trainer for some indoor use, any recommendations for good plans to build up leg speed/strength or do I invest in a zwift sub and follow the plans on there?

I follow the GCN turbo videos on YouTube. Great workouts.