Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Any recommendations on a turbo trainer. Have a basic racer bike and would like to keep it going with shorter evenings and possible 2nd wave. Was doing 150km-200km during the Covid. Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Have looked at Halfords site just would like 2nd opinion :)

Milltown Row2

I've a few bikes and like a bit of cycling but WTF are people at going out on the roads today, in that weather (a storm) and cycling to work? f**king madness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerry

Quote from: Helix. on August 23, 2020, 10:40:08 PM
Any recommendations on a turbo trainer. Have a basic racer bike and would like to keep it going with shorter evenings and possible 2nd wave. Was doing 150km-200km during the Covid. Would greatly appreciate any feedback. Have looked at Halfords site just would like 2nd opinion :)

I'd spend a few pounds more and get one that is swift compatible as your likely to stick at it better than a standard turbo.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

bennydorano

Late switch in the Kerry team, going for Dumoullin @15/2

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2020, 01:00:06 PM

Think i'll take another look at Pinot  ;)

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2020, 01:00:06 PM
You have the odds anywhere?

bennydorano

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2020, 04:37:48 PM
Oddschecker for best prices available

https://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/tour-de-france/winner
Dumoulin looks decent value there. Quintana decent e/w value too.

bennydorano

Dauphine winner Martinez at 40/1 is some value, only won because of withdrawals but who's to say this year!

Hound

Bennett a whisker away from a stage win today. Great effort, hopefully he'll get one later.

SHEEDY

Gutting for Sam Bennett, Ewan just pipping him on the line. Stage win shouldn't be too far away.
nil satis nisi optimum

illdecide

Ahh here I thought he had it but to be fair to Ewan he came from behind like a rocket to pip him at the post...Great racing all the same and as you say it has to be only a matter of time before Sam get's his stage win.
What do you all make of it so far? I know it's only 3 stages in but have enjoyed it all the same.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

oakleaflad

Enjoyable so far. Mountain finish today, should be interesting to see if we have any GC movement.

gerry

Glad to see Dan Martin out of any GC chances, this way he wont be hunted down if he goes stage hunting.  Tomorrow another sprint stage for Sam so here's hoping.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

oakleaflad

Quote from: gerry on September 01, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Glad to see Dan Martin out of any GC chances, this way he wont be hunted down if he goes stage hunting.  Tomorrow another sprint stage for Sam so here's hoping.
Riding with a broken bone in his back. Has said he'll target stage wins and isn't interested in GC but it'll be interesting to see if he's fit to compete for any wins.