Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Folks a bit of good news for a change...

I entered a competition and won a Cervelo s5 today...www.grandtourcompetitions.com

Phone was going mad in the afternoon and thought there was something up...some surprise :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on August 08, 2020, 07:46:18 PM

I entered a competition and won a Cervelo s5 today...www.grandtourcompetitions.com

Phone was going mad in the afternoon and thought there was something up...some surprise :)
Tony Fearon has been dethroned, Hail the new Tony ;D
I hope you are man enough to sit on that saddle and not have a flapping beer belly hanging over.
Well done.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2020, 08:40:22 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 08, 2020, 07:46:18 PM

Tony Fearon has been dethroned, Hail the new Tony ;D
I hope you are man enough to sit on that saddle and not have a flapping beer belly hanging over.
Well done.

Lol...I forgot about T Fearon. That's the first major thing i've ever won TBH. I'm not lightest but def no belly hanging like that...

JimStynes

You selling it??

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 08, 2020, 09:14:51 PM
You selling it??
Reserve price GBP30m ;D
It's been sanctified by a celt.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on August 08, 2020, 09:14:51 PM
You selling it??

Dunno yet...U wanna buy it? Might keep it, i'll see how i feel next week. Actually head is wrecked what to do with it...It's similar value to the bike i have but it's an aero bike so would like to try it out TBH...

bennydorano

Nice win, you're the 2nd skitehead I know who's won on those competitions, I've entered once myself

bennydorano

Great to see the Pro cycling back in full flight. Jumbo Visma going to be hard talked to at the TDF, savage strong looking team. Frome not looking too clever at the Dauphine today. His Tour spot not even guaranteed.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2020, 05:21:59 PM
Great to see the Pro cycling back in full flight. Jumbo Visma going to be hard talked to at the TDF, savage strong looking team. Frome not looking too clever at the Dauphine today. His Tour spot not even guaranteed.

Froome was riding like this before he won the Giro. Although i fear those injuries might be just too much to come back from. Roglic is looking in serious shape although the tour this year wouldn't be the route he was hoping for. One 36km TT up to la planche des belles filles doesnt give Roglic the opportunity to put time into Bernal that he would have had if it there was a long flatish TT. So 2 mins or so advantage to Bernal there. Pogacar is my EW shout. Tour will be different this year in that there isn't an opportunity to "ride yourself in to form" as sometimes they do. There are mountains from the get go and if not on form in first week it could be curtains for plenty. Stage 17 looks a killer with summit finish over 2300mtrs.
Good to see Fabio Jakobsen on the road to recovery after arguably the worst crash i've ever saw in Tour of Poland.

bennydorano

Thomas & Froome both dropped from the TDF squad, bit of surprise with Thomas. Thomas to lead at Giro and Froome at La Vuelta.

Will any of the Grand Tours go ahead anyway tho the way Covid numbers are heading.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on August 19, 2020, 09:36:57 AM
Thomas & Froome both dropped from the TDF squad, bit of surprise with Thomas. Thomas to lead at Giro and Froome at La Vuelta.

Will any of the Grand Tours go ahead anyway tho the way Covid numbers are heading.

Given the dauphine form i suppose it isnt that much of a shock. Sivakov is going very well at the moment and could be outside bet to podium.

oakleaflad

Quote from: maddog on August 19, 2020, 10:12:11 AM

Given the dauphine form i suppose it isnt that much of a shock. Sivakov is going very well at the moment and could be outside bet to podium.
Yeah, not a major surprise and means there is less distractions for Bernal. Interesting to see how Carapaz goes too. Quite a mountainous route this year, should make for interesting watching.

bennydorano

Quote from: maddog on August 19, 2020, 10:12:11 AM

I'll have to follow up on Pinot again after him breaking my heart last year, looked in decent nick at the Dauphine as well.

Jumbo Visma's to lose, savage strong team. Bernal got a bit lucky last year, I wouldn't put tuppence on him repeating it this year tbh.

bennydorano

You know something the more I think about this, the more I think the TDF is not going to happen because of rising covid numbers, Brailsford could be looking after British lads by diverting them to the other GTs.

maddog

Last years 3rd Steven Kruijswijk (Lotto Jumbo) out after Dauphine crash has proven worse than thought. He goes for giro now instead. A fair blow to Lotto Jumbo.