Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Will he win the tour again this year?

trailer

Does anyone actually take professional cycling serious? As in does anyone believe that these guys aren't on all sorts of drugs?

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2018, 04:17:31 PM
Does anyone actually take professional cycling serious? As in does anyone believe that these guys aren't on all sorts of drugs?

No
Who cares who wins at this stage?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

maddog

Quote from: seafoid on July 02, 2018, 04:24:55 PM

No
Who cares who wins at this stage?

I've followed the sport for the last 30 years so unlikely to stop now. Might go to the Vuelta again, northern Spain is superb.
TDF - a wee ew interest in Dan Martin and Roglic with Froome to win it.

maddog

Football is supposedly rife with doping. I'll not switch off the world cup either.

trailer

They're just Junkies on bikes if you ask me.

Eamonnca1

I used to love it, but I gave up wasting my time watching it years ago. Can't believe any of it.

bennydorano

It is what it is & I watch it in that frame of mind.

gerry

I enjoy watching it and it never crosses my mine if they are juiced up or not.  Btw i was at the nationals yesterday and seeing only 34 finished it I reckon they had no special TUE.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Tennis, atheltics, boxing to name a few sports that are currently worse than cycling for drugs.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: JimStynes on July 02, 2018, 11:46:53 PM
Tennis, atheltics, boxing to name a few sports that are currently worse than cycling for drugs.

Don't forget darts😜

redzone

You can buy an ex pro bike from the canyon website, not to bad price wise either

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 02, 2018, 11:46:53 PM

Everyone at the top of cycling is at it. Re boxing and tennis, 100% of say the top 100 in the world doping you reckon??

bennydorano

Spent the past week on holiday in Co Waterford, was on the bike every day,  up and down the Copper coast & a couple of mountains on the Comeragh route. Stunning holiday - the Mediterranean weather was unreal.

gerry

No better place than ireland to cycle when the weather is good.   
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,