Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Harsh, it would be inadvisable to use the same tyre on it & the road. I just keep the old used ones & use them. There are  'Turbo Tyres' but never had one.

haranguerer

There's turbo tyres in decathlon for about a tenner. You shouldn't inflate fully either

bennydorano

See Wiggins is going on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday. Hard to imagine he'll get a soft touch interview there.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on September 23, 2016, 04:03:48 PM
See Wiggins is going on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday. Hard to imagine he'll get a soft touch interview there.

Must get a look at this!

JimStynes

Cold weather coming in and the nights away to hell, so winter bikes will be out soon! Frustrating year for me so far. Going well for the first part and then have been plagued with tendonitis for the guts of 5 months or more. Still not away but much better than it was. Will have to get the turbo out and get the winter bike prepared for all the shit weather that's ahead of us.

Tony Baloney

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37456623

Timing very dodgy. Are there any athletes that don't have asthma?!

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 23, 2016, 08:36:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37456623

Timing very dodgy. Are there any athletes that don't have asthma?!

Yip. But we probably haven't heard of them.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Unconvincing from a very sheepish looking Wiggins.

maddog

If he has suffered badly with asthma all his life then surely a look into his medical records as a teenager would show that.

93-DY-SAM

When are professional sports people, particularly those in athletics and cycling, going to realise that due to the complete mistrust people have with drugs in sport they need to be able to stand up and give convincing answers to legitimate questions being asked of them. Especially if the athlete has a holier-than-thou attitude to drug taking. Providing vague or inaccurate answers only intensifies the mistrust and quite rightly has people probing further into it.

Hound

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 26, 2016, 03:03:24 PM
When are professional sports people, particularly those in athletics and cycling, going to realise that due to the complete mistrust people have with drugs in sport they need to be able to stand up and give convincing answers to legitimate questions being asked of them. Especially if the athlete has a holier-than-thou attitude to drug taking. Providing vague or inaccurate answers only intensifies the mistrust and quite rightly has people probing further into it.
Mistrust doesn't really matter, unless it ends up hitting the big stars in the pocket.

How much would Froome and Farah have earned in the last 12 months I wonder?

muppet

Quote from: Hound on September 26, 2016, 05:02:02 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 26, 2016, 03:03:24 PM
Mistrust doesn't really matter, unless it ends up hitting the big stars in the pocket.

How much would Froome and Farah have earned in the last 12 months I wonder?

There are only so many cracks that can keep appearing.

Eventually one bursts the dam.

MWWSI 2017

grounded

Ventured out yesterday and was bitterly cold. Are many of you still heading out on the road or is it turbo time!

illdecide

Quote from: grounded on November 21, 2016, 04:04:04 PM
Ventured out yesterday and was bitterly cold. Are many of you still heading out on the road or is it turbo time!

Got a good spin yesterday myself...Grand day, a bit cold but bar my feet i was grand.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Flat out at it, best Autumn miles I've ever had. We started a Night Spin as well, 7 weeks in a row out with no issues, weather's gonna knock it on the head for a while now by the looks of it.