Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Meant to post earlier - the finish line to the Volta a Catalunya today was about a 3 minute walk from my front door and I managed to miss it. Was walking about afterwards though and managed to catch glimpse of Quintana getting serenaded by Colombian fans at the Movistar bus.

gerry

Sagan fecked up a few days ago and Astana does the same today in the Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde, never seen worst tactics from a pro team.

Being a bad week for cycling with two untimely deaths, hopefully something can be done about the motorbikes and cars but with the demand for photos, tv coverage, sponsors and team cars I can't seem much of a reduction.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Linkbox

Do you read the secret pro, Gerry?

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/the-secret-pro-processing-death-race-motos-terrorism-extreme-weather-and-more/

Good piece on the deaths of the young cyclists. He's usually bang on about most topics.

grounded

Quote from: Linkbox on March 31, 2016, 02:37:40 AM
Do you read the secret pro, Gerry?

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/the-secret-pro-processing-death-race-motos-terrorism-extreme-weather-and-more/

Good piece on the deaths of the young cyclists. He's usually bang on about most topics.

+1 excellent

gerry

Yep. The secret pro a good read. 

Watching the lance film "the program " on kodi now.  Full of  inaccuracies or maybe I am a nerd   

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gerry on April 01, 2016, 06:15:31 PM
Yep. The secret pro a good read. 

Watching the lance film "the program " on kodi now.  Full of  inaccuracies or maybe I am a nerd   

Tell me more about this Kodi business. How do you get content to play on it?

gerry

there is a thread here about them and i have posted a link of how to get them onto an amazon fire stick.  I am a hurry out the door now but if you need help let me know

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=26091.0

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/media-streamers/1404248/how-to-install-kodi-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-stick

mrdeeds

I thought The Program more or less stuck to David Walsh's book. If any differences maybe subtle. Doesn't give on redeeming feature to Lance which perhaps is justified.

illdecide

Was on a run today and one of my mates came of the bike going down one of the steepest hills in the country (Rathfrisland) fractured skull, broken collarbone and dis-located  shoulder...Shocking fall which scared the shite out of me as I was right behind him and got a v lucky escape. Cycling can be so dangerous... A bad gust of wind wobbled him and he pulled the front brakes and skidded it worse and off he came, helmet split in two after hitting his head of kerb. Can't get it out of my head...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

What would have happened to him if he wasn't wearing a hemlet. Scary.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

I've been knocked out before off the bike, lost my short term memory for about an hour, scary is right. Helmet in bits

In fairness its not worth worrying about, the most likely outcome is that you'll break a fall with your shoulder and crack the collar bone when you fall.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

illdecide

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 03, 2016, 09:56:09 AM
I've been knocked out before off the bike, lost my short term memory for about an hour, scary is right. Helmet in bits

In fairness its not worth worrying about, the most likely outcome is that you'll break a fall with your shoulder and crack the collar bone when you fall.

I know you just have to get back on and go again...it prob was a good thing it happened 20 mile from home as we'd no other choice than to cycle back home but i can tell you our heads were wrecked all the way home.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Contador not retiring at the end of season as planned.

tonto1888

does the Giro start fairly soon?