Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

Wonder  will it be a polite spin to  the finish line?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

Exciting stuff today. Quintana loses the Tour by the exact amount of time lost on the Flat Windy Stage 2. He left it too late waiting until yesterday before making his big move, Froome looked in trouble yesterday & today.

The amount of talk there's been about Froome has been ridiculous, if you consider he had one stellar day (took only 30secs on NQ) & managed his lead on every other stage.

yellowcard

Good stage today, delighted for Pinot who has been one of the most open riders when it comes to publishing his power data. The tour was over after 8 days effectively and Froome simply latched onto a Sky train every day since in order to defend his lead. Never looked in any danger whatsoever. Leaving aside the negativity and furore over the Froome PED issue, overall it was a disappointing tour.

maddog

If there had have been the usual long individual time trial it would have been a lot more "boring" tdf

stringbean

Quote from: bennydorano on July 25, 2015, 04:33:56 PM
Exciting stuff today. Quintana loses the Tour by the exact amount of time lost on the Flat Windy Stage 2. He left it too late waiting until yesterday before making his big move, Froome looked in trouble yesterday & today.

The amount of talk there's been about Froome has been ridiculous, if you consider he had one stellar day (took only 30secs on NQ) & managed his lead on every other stage.

Completely agree, Quintana will be regretting that 2nd stage and bit of lost concentration.

Thought Quintana was mightily impressive the last couple days and has to be best climber by a distance.

The talk about Froome has been a disgrace and overshadowed the tour - in the end of day there was very little to choose between Quintana and Froome - Froome had a better team around  him!

maddog

Sensible decision by the race organisers to call the finish time on the first crossing of the finish line on the champs elysees. They will race on after that but any crashes after that point will be irrelevant in terms of race time. The ladies race was chaos with the cobbles like a skating rink.

stew

Quote from: Nigel White on July 23, 2015, 04:48:39 PM
I went up Alpe d'Huez on Sunday and Les Deux Alpes on Monday. I was knackered at the end and I was driving a car, how those guys cycle it At that speed and on the heat, I'll never know

drugs help apparently!  :-[

Bullshit aside, WTF is Armstrong doing questioning Froomes cleanliness, that cnut should be in jail not getting to judge others on their juicing habits!

That was hard shite to watch, those poor wemen must be hurting right about now, and to maddogs point, well done  the officils, maybe we should get them to referee Gaelic games! :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2015, 06:38:20 PM
I'd love Froome to win on the Alp tomorrow to rub it into them! The French fans are letting themselves down big time in my opinion.

Agreed, they cant stand the fact that a non French rider is going to win the tour! Good enough for the hoors!!!!!

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on July 25, 2015, 04:33:56 PM

Armstrong didnt help him at all, neither did the media, especially the French media, bastards all.

The old adage that you cannot win the tour in the early stages of the tour but you can lose it in the early stages never rang truer, hard to believe his main opponent got his tactics so wrong and made it easier for him, advisors?

Longshanks

Lads looking to get into cycling and went to chain reaction but when measured up he said he didnt have anything that would really suit my height, I'm 6ft6-7 and he said some about my long back maybe being a problem, is there somewhere that could sort me out without getting something specially made??

maddog

Quote from: Longshanks on July 27, 2015, 03:50:35 PM
Lads looking to get into cycling and went to chain reaction but when measured up he said he didnt have anything that would really suit my height, I'm 6ft6-7 and he said some about my long back maybe being a problem, is there somewhere that could sort me out without getting something specially made??

You can get 64cm frame bike and fit a long handle bar stem and have your saddle slid along the rails as far back as it can go while still keeping it at level.
http://www.tredz.co.uk - this website has a good sizing guide where you can input inside leg total height etc and it will tell you what framesize you need.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2015, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2015, 06:38:20 PM
I'd love Froome to win on the Alp tomorrow to rub it into them! The French fans are letting themselves down big time in my opinion.

Agreed, they cant stand the fact that a non French rider is going to win the tour! Good enough for the hoors!!!!!

They haven't had a winner in 30 years since Hinault and they haven't had a real contender since Jalabert, himself a doper, so I don't think that's it. Honestly think it's that they're just a bunch of c***ts.

bennydorano

Froome talking of a tilt at La Vuelta, could be interesting, but i'd say it's post Tour adrenalin talking. If he did and was successful he'd be a cert to have a rattle at the Giro in the spring for the Grand Slam!

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2015, 09:41:50 PM
Froome talking of a tilt at La Vuelta, could be interesting, but i'd say it's post Tour adrenalin talking. If he did and was successful he'd be a cert to have a rattle at the Giro in the spring for the Grand Slam!

You can't call it that. Grand Slam conveys all in the same year which would imply he'd achieved something no other cyclist in history has managed. At least qualify it with "career grand slam" or something.