Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 23, 2015, 03:32:40 PM
Anyone following the spat between Kimmage and Walsh on OTB this week

Basically Kimmage saying The Times is a Sky cheer leader and why are they not asking about the values that were leaked during the week
Walsh came back, weakly IMO, saying he didn't understand W/kg and so didn't question the values. Ger quiet rightly pointed out that he questioned LAs VO2 max figures so why not at least question Froomes power data

Is his point that he doesn't understand W/kg valid then? If he understands VO2 max he can question it, if he doesn't understand another metric measuring something else then he can't?

Hound

I think the point is that if it was Lance, Walsh (rightly) would have made it his business to understand and then audit the information released. With Froome, he just said I can't understand it, so I'm not going to consider it

gerry

This tour is like last years all the action was in the first week.   Roll on the spring classics. 
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Milltown Row2

How do they do it without drugs ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I did that climb a few weeks back. It's actually easy enough as it only lasts 3.4km and after the first couple of corners it's around  steady 6% with hairpins breaking it up. Much harder climbs over here but obviously nothing as stunning as that. The glandon that they did today is ridiculously long. Went on and on and on.

bennydorano

I see FSA are getting into the Groupset market, wireless Di2/EPS type set up spotted at the Tour on a few teams bikes.

I'd have to echo Gerry's disappointment with Le Tour, la Vuelta is my favourite Grand Tour anyhow, so still got that to look forward to.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on July 23, 2015, 09:50:07 PM
I see FSA are getting into the Groupset market, wireless Di2/EPS type set up spotted at the Tour on a few teams bikes.

I'd have to echo Gerry's disappointment with Le Tour, la Vuelta is my favourite Grand Tour anyhow, so still got that to look forward to.

I saw that on GCN yesterday, could be a good option! Think I will wait a while though before seriously considering FSA full groupset. I am thinking of going to Campag but pricey.

Nigel White

Quote from: JimStynes on July 23, 2015, 09:21:50 PM
I did that climb a few weeks back. It's actually easy enough as it only lasts 3.4km and after the first couple of corners it's around  steady 6% with hairpins breaking it up. Much harder climbs over here but obviously nothing as stunning as that. The glandon that they did today is ridiculously long. Went on and on and on.
Last Sunday there was a campervan or 3 parked at the apex of each of the hairpins, also a lot of people camped ouside Huez village where there seemed to be a great stmosphere

JimStynes

Im assuming you mean Alpe D'Huez? That climb with all the hairpins posted above is Lacets Montvernier.  Dutch corner on ADH will be in full flow right now. DJ and beer trucks keeping the party going.

Nigel White

Yup, i mean Alpe d'Heuz.  I was referring to Huez Village which, as you will know, is below the summit.  I assume Dutch Corner is at the very top of the climb beside the roundabout

JimStynes

No, it's on corner 7. There's a little church there as well. Looks completely mental a week before race day never mind on the day itself.

screenexile

There seems to be a bit of contention about Nibali attacking when 'Froomey' had a mechanical issue... is this frowned upon??

I would have thought in something like cycling this would be something you take advantage of?

bennydorano

Great stage today, obviously read me & Gerry's comments.

I see both ITV2 & Eurosport reckon Nibali was entitled to attack, they seemed to think with his troops massed on the front it was his imminent intention. It wasnt as bad or as blatant as Contador's on Schleck about 4/5? Years ago anyway.

Froome not a happy camper, spat at near the summit, caught on TV. w**ker 'fan' should be lifted.

Too little too late from Quintana i'd say, although it should make 2moro exciting.

JimStynes

I'd love Froome to win on the Alp tomorrow to rub it into them! The French fans are letting themselves down big time in my opinion.

JimStynes

This is great viewing here.