Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

A guy Tony from Armagh just called into Radio Ulster to ask what they do with all the bicycles after the Tour de France...He says "do they recycle them"...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LeoMc

Quote from: illdecide on July 22, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
A guy Tony from Armagh just called into Radio Ulster to ask what they do with all the bicycles after the Tour de France...He says "do they recycle them"...lol

That deserves its own thread....

oakleaflad

Van Garderen really struggling today. Already 2mins down after 50kms.

bennydorano

Aye, just saw that, touch of the Skitter no doubt. My 40/1 place looks officially fucked.

Expecting fireworks today. Sky's Peter Kennaugh is away home sick a few days ago as well, that wont help them.

mylestheslasher

Looking to get a racing bike, something second hand in the region of €500 to €750. Anyone got any suggestions? There are a lot of them on done deal but I have to plead total ignorance as I a haven't got a clue on Racer specs.

maddog

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 22, 2015, 01:25:05 PM
Looking to get a racing bike, something second hand in the region of €500 to €750. Anyone got any suggestions? There are a lot of them on done deal but I have to plead total ignorance as I a haven't got a clue on Racer specs.

Second hand is probably your best bet. Do you know what frame size you need ?

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2015, 01:20:11 PM
Aye, just saw that, touch of the Skitter no doubt. My 40/1 place looks officially fucked.

Expecting fireworks today. Sky's Peter Kennaugh is away home sick a few days ago as well, that wont help them.
Van Garderen dropped out. Sad to see as he had been going really well.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: maddog on July 22, 2015, 02:12:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 22, 2015, 01:25:05 PM

Second hand is probably your best bet. Do you know what frame size you need ?

I think about 52 or 54cm. Did an online thing to check this.

JimStynes

On the Col Du Glandon at the minute! Oh the pain!

RealSpiritof98

Finally been persuaded to go out on the bike. Any suggestions? I'm starting from scratch, low budget and totally out of shape. My mate's given me 3 weeks to get sorted.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone following the spat between Kimmage and Walsh on OTB this week

Basically Kimmage saying The Times is a Sky cheer leader and why are they not asking about the values that were leaked during the week
Walsh came back, weakly IMO, saying he didn't understand W/kg and so didn't question the values. Ger quiet rightly pointed out that he questioned LAs VO2 max figures so why not at least question Froomes power data
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Is it bringing back bad memories
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 23, 2015, 03:22:17 PM
Finally been persuaded to go out on the bike. Any suggestions? I'm starting from scratch, low budget and totally out of shape. My mate's given me 3 weeks to get sorted.

3 weeks for what? Just get out as much as you can and enjoy it.
One simple tip is to spin the gears. Don't grind a big gear. Any beginner I go out with always insists on grinding the hardest gear and tiring out their legs within a few mile.

JimStynes

I'm still on the fence with the doping allegations. I have no doubt they're all pushing the boundaries on what is legal when using supplements or performance enhancers. I was 100% sure Armstrong was doping and that most elite athletes are using PEDs, I'm just not entirely sure what to think about Sky. Surely not?? At the same time I wouldnt be surprised if they were.

Nigel White

I went up Alpe d'Huez on Sunday and Les Deux Alpes on Monday. I was knackered at the end and I was driving a car, how those guys cycle it At that speed and on the heat, I'll never know