Dinny Breen

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 04:25:54 PM
Team with biggest budget, most talent, most innovation win shocker

Nope just the best juice.
#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 04:25:54 PM
Team with biggest budget, most talent, most innovation win shocker

Does part of you not even question how a man who was DQ from the Giro 5 years ago for holding onto a motorbike going up a mountain, can obliterate the best climbers in the world in a performance like that? Did you believe Armstrong when he was doing the same?

redzone

David walsh is worth following on Twitter

AZOffaly

Quote from: yellowcard on July 14, 2015, 04:22:09 PM
Emma O'Reilly ‏@Emma_OReilly 5m5 minutes ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

That's an interesting one.

Clov

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 14, 2015, 04:18:04 PM
Does it not bother you that Froome's times are better than Armstrong's?

Obvious as hell's on the juice, just follow these two on twitter..

Ross Tucker ‏@Scienceofsport
f**k the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum

Are they?

The time it takes someone to go up a climb relative to historical comparisons with confirmed dopers tells you very little as there are so many factors than are not controlled for across the comparisons. The technology, tire pressure differences, atmospheric conditions, headwinds, length of stage, position of stage within the overall tour etc. The idea that you can extrapolate from the minimal data available to the public a confident judgement about whether someone is doping or not is foolish.

Ross Tucker strikes me as a snake-oil salesman with a bee in his bonnet.

The other source you cite is a parody account.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Clov

I will say this though it is thoroughly depressing for the race that he was so dominant today.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Clov on July 14, 2015, 04:41:27 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 14, 2015, 04:18:04 PM
Does it not bother you that Froome's times are better than Armstrong's?

Obvious as hell's on the juice, just follow these two on twitter..

Ross Tucker ‏@Scienceofsport
f**k the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum

Are they?

The time it takes someone to go up a climb relative to historical comparisons with confirmed dopers tells you very little as there are so many factors than are not controlled for across the comparisons. The technology, tire pressure differences, atmospheric conditions, headwinds, length of stage, position of stage within the overall tour etc. The idea that you can extrapolate from the minimal data available to the public a confident judgement about whether someone is doping or not is foolish.

Ross Tucker strikes me as a snake-oil salesman with a bee in his bonnet.

The other source you cite is a parody account.

The times are comparative studies not one stage.

What do you know about Ross Tucker, and Digger Forum is far from a parody account.

You are pretty naive so. Buying marginal gains BS. This is just Lance revisited.
#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

It's sad, yet fully understandable, that anytime there's a superb performance that the default position of the masses (informed & uninformed) is one of suspicion. The uninformed outnumber the informed greatly which doesn't  help any discussion tho. I think Froome & Sky are clean in a sport that still has problems & problem teams.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 05:59:44 PM
It's sad, yet fully understandable, that anytime there's a superb performance that the default position of the masses (informed & uninformed) is one of suspicion. The uninformed outnumber the informed greatly which doesn't  help any discussion tho. I think Froome & Sky are clean in a sport that still has problems & problem teams.

So your admitting the sport still has problems in terms of doping yet you find it credible that a cyclist who showed no form worth noting until age 26 is able to obliterate a field full of the best climbers many who have served bans for doping offences. If a clean cyclist can destroy such a field then we are probably looking at the best cyclist of all time in Froome. But maybe I'm just uninformed. I'd also refer you back to my earlier questions to you.

omaghjoe

Must admit I have always wondered about Froome since his explosion on to the scene with the Vuelta. However I have been more and more edging towards him being clean, until this tour. He has been threatening to blow everyone away and now he has completely obliterated the field. To me it seems to good to be true... the hacking seems to be getting their defense in first as someone mentioned earlier

But then what about the bio passports? I thought that they could detect minor changes that would indicate any funny business?

bennydorano

Yellowcard, I have no intenion of engaging in anything with you, we've had this conversation 2 years ago & probably something similar the year before as well when you were on Wiggin's case. Your agenda is as clear as day and you work away as I dont really care what you think, i've made my point today and previously as evidenced below.

Quote from: bennydorano on February 21, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
In general terms i try not to get involved in doping discussions anymore, as with work colleagues & the like the conversation normally halts at "sure they're all a bunch of druggies", cycling is what it is, but the general consensus would seem to be that it's definitely improving on the doping front (apart from the Astana fiasco). Cookson, while  doing some good things at uci, probably isn't covering himself in glory tbh, but he was never going to be the man Kimmage wanted him to be & Kimmage's standards tend to be the standards of people who know little about cycling but take the odd look in (Not a dig at you).

JimStynes

I'll say to the people who don't believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that you can't dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets — this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it. So Vive le Tour forever!

maddog

Lads ffs the glaring performance today was Thomas not froome. Not casting doubt on the man but he is transformed this year. Suddenly able to climb with the likes of Pierre Roland and valverde. Knock froome if you want but he has been up there for 3/4 years now consistently. If he tests bad I give up.

bennydorano

Noticed him near smirking at Valverde today,  I've always thought he'd develop into a top GC man but he seems more inclined towards the classics. Maybe he's not privy to the good jollop for GC riding.