Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkbox

Quote from: majestic on July 06, 2015, 11:47:25 PM
What exactly happened here, I'm not 100% sure! Did the guy to go down first just lose it or was he clipped by the rider going past him to his right?  Who is at fault?

Looked like he was clipped by the passer. Or maybe he jumped on the breaks after the guy passed too close but that is less likely. Some sudocrem needed for those burns tonight!

armaghniac

Watching the Lance Armstrong documentary here on RTÉ. He was some chancer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pullhard

I'm concerned about them being on the juice, worrying reading the words TDF and record speed close together.

The more i read about LA, the more upset i get. Cheat and a bully

illdecide

Tony Martin has just won the 4th stage and takes the Yellow jersey...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2015, 12:05:21 AM
Watching the Lance Armstrong documentary here on RTÉ. He was some chancer.

I felt ill after watching it. I so wanted him to be clean. I suppose that's how he got away with it as long as he did. A bloody nasty piece of work.

moysider

Ivan Basso out of Tour after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. Discovered after a crash.

bennydorano

Looking forward to today's stage and the start of the mountains proper. I'm sure there will be a few looking to send out a message of intent, particularly Nibali who is looking like an also ran. Interesting to hear TJ reckon nothing may be done & dusted until Alp d'huez on the 2nd last day. I think Bertie is probably going to ride defensively  looking to hold on until then & save himself for a late assault, Quintana will more than likely go on the front foot today & attack daily, dont think he'll shake Froome though.

Froome 7/4 for today's stage, Quintana looks value at 7/2

JimStynes

Tight going here. Has froome went too early!

oakleaflad

I'm only seeing text commentary, what is happening? From what I can tell Nibali is gone and Contador struggling too with Quintana slightly behind Froome?

Edit:
Just seen this:
Froome has a 35-second lead over Nairo Quintana, Tejay Van Garderen is 1 min 11 secs behind, Alberto Contador 1 min 41 secs, Vincenzo Nibali 3 mins 31 secs.

Still a couple of kms to go.

yellowcard

Absolutely insane from Froome reminiscent of Armstrong, taking minutes out of the field.

JimStynes

'Unbelievable' performance from Froome and Team Sky!

bennydorano

Thouroughly dominant display but I think Froome could have went OTT with that, he could pay for that 2moro or Thursday.

oakleaflad

Reading that Porte and Thomas had great rides to set up Froome. If so he mightn't struggle as much as if he had to do it all alone. Those are big time gaps though.

Froome now leads the race by two minutes 52 seconds, with Tejay van Garderen second and Nairo Quintana third, three minutes nine seconds behind the yellow jersey.

Dinny Breen

Does it not bother you that Froome's times are better than Armstrong's?

Obvious as hell's on the juice, just follow these two on twitter..

Ross Tucker ‏@Scienceofsport
f**k the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum
#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

Emma O'Reilly ‏@Emma_OReilly 5m5 minutes ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same!