Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: gerry on February 21, 2015, 09:40:38 PM
anybody else thing this is a bit steep, 55 nuggets

McQuaids need the money sure!

Mayo4Sam

Finished the race to truth last nite, terribly written book

The end was good though, basically she makes the point that its verbeougen and co that should be really getting the bans and LA should be brought back in with a reduced ban
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thewingedlady

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 24, 2015, 11:52:13 AM
Finished the race to truth last nite, terribly written book

The end was good though, basically she makes the point that its verbeougen and co that should be really getting the bans and LA should be brought back in with a reduced ban

That's disappointing - it seems she has completely allowed Lance to nobble her.

He treated her like s**t when she was working against him, and then snooleyed up to her when he could use her to try and regain his reputation.

The more you hear about that fella...

Mayo4Sam

David Walsh comes out of it very poorly, she can understand what LA did, she uses the phrase a cornered animal, but she feels DW used her and then provided no protection

JimStynes

Froome documentary on ITV4 now.

gerry

fair play to froomedog to start where he did to become a tour winner, chapeau.   i am not sky's biggest fan but that is probably down to the british hype, dave brailsford, wiggans sideburns, power meters and how boring they where to watch with their watt watching and no attacking in races.   

recently i thing i have turned into a closet sky fan but is probably down to nico and philip.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Any recommendations for bike hire in Alp dHuez? Or how i could get my bike there without going down the bike box route.

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on February 25, 2015, 12:21:48 AM
fair play to froomedog to start where he did to become a tour winner, chapeau.   i am not sky's biggest fan but that is probably down to the british hype, dave brailsford, wiggans sideburns, power meters and how boring they where to watch with their watt watching and no attacking in races.   

recently i thing i have turned into a closet sky fan but is probably down to nico and philip.

Wiggins really does seem like a p***k as well!

gerry

the hour record was exciting tonight  ???

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on February 25, 2015, 09:53:19 PM
the hour record was exciting tonight  ???
That must be the most painful experience on a bike!

gerry

Not to mention us that had to watch it with no timings to see how he was doing

thewingedlady

Quote from: JimStynes on February 25, 2015, 08:39:24 PM
Any recommendations for bike hire in Alp dHuez? Or how i could get my bike there without going down the bike box route.

If you're staying near Bourg D'Oisans then there's a place there called Bike Huez which does bike rental, and seems reasonable too.

Mayo4Sam

First race of the year last Sunday, the FitScience GP, hadn't planned on racing until April but since this was local gave up a ticket for the rugby. Expected to be spat out the back early, evenmoreso when my back dérailleur stopped working (electronic shifters), stuck in top gear with just the front changer.

Hung in and got away with a break of 12 but I was working like a dog on the hills. Eventually on the longest hill I lost the front 6, came home in the second group, 7th. Delighted with the shape I'm in, a lumpy course like that suited me and hopefully I'll have a good chance of the win in a couple of weeks

JimStynes

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 04, 2015, 06:10:39 PM
First race of the year last Sunday, the FitScience GP, hadn't planned on racing until April but since this was local gave up a ticket for the rugby. Expected to be spat out the back early, evenmoreso when my back dérailleur stopped working (electronic shifters), stuck in top gear with just the front changer.

Hung in and got away with a break of 12 but I was working like a dog on the hills. Eventually on the longest hill I lost the front 6, came home in the second group, 7th. Delighted with the shape I'm in, a lumpy course like that suited me and hopefully I'll have a good chance of the win in a couple of weeks
Good stuff! I might get into a few time trials this year for the craic but not racing! Too dangerous for my liking, maybe some day though. What level are you at? Few of the A3s in the club are flying so god knows what the standard above that is.

Mayo4Sam

I'm only A4, A3 is probably a huge step up!