Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Someone has to put it up I suppose.
The wooden spoon game.
Be some craic if we win  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theyellowbus

Will Saturdays performance have an effect on how many supporters we have at the game?
Talking to a good few people yesterday who would be loyal supporters and id say 50 percent are staying at home.

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 16, 2018, 12:22:05 PM
Will Saturdays performance have an effect on how many supporters we have at the game?
Talking to a good few people yesterday who would be loyal supporters and id say 50 percent are staying at home.

Luckily the match is at home so!!

If anyone calls themselves loyal supporters and don't turn up for a home AIQF against a team around our level, fûck 'em. They're not supporters in my eyes.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 12:30:22 PM

If anyone calls themselves loyal supporters and don't turn up for a home AIQF against a team around our level, fûck 'em. They're not supporters in my eyes.

It doesn't matter a bean where  the match can you seriously envisage a big crowd of Roscommon fans at this game?

You are deluded if you think we are at the level of Donegal or anything near it.

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 16, 2018, 12:40:54 PM

It doesn't matter a bean where  the match can you seriously envisage a big crowd of Roscommon fans at this game?

You are deluded if you think we are at the level of Donegal or anything near it.

You're deluded if you think we're not.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

Brilliant reply you must be a hoot in the playground

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 16, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

Brilliant reply you must be a hoot in the playground

You must be a hoot in the pensioner ward if your memory only stretches back to the last game a team plays.

Farrandeelin

I suppose, Donegal drew with Mayo in the league. Ros drew with Mayo last August. Therefore the two teams are on a very similar level.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

You'd think Saturday may have chastened the boul Syf's perspective on the bigger picture. It appears not.

I'd be pretty certain Donegal are a level above but i'd most definitely give Ros a big chance in this game. If McStay is well thought off in the dressing room then those lads would want to go out and die with their boots on next week. With the game being at home and Donegal's defensive system not as well oiled as ours I'm going for a 2 point Ros win. The fact that this will significantly aid our qualification for an AI semi has no impact on my thinking here ;)

JoG2

Roscommon are far too porous in defense and Donegal should win pulling up. Aside from the forward / midfield units, the likes of McGlynn, Ban Gallagher, McGrath etc will carve the Rossies up all day long from deep. Donegal by 7+

trailer

Donegal by 15+
Roscommon threw the towel in 10 mins into the 2nd half against Tyrone. They have no hope of beating Dublin and no hope of qualifying for the SF's. They should try and put in a performance for the integrity of the competition but the reality is they're hugely outclassed at this level and that includes management.

theyellowbus

While i don't think it will be as bad as a hammering as Saturday i cant see us keeping it below 6 points.
With all the good intentions in the world Saturdays hammering will have knocked the stuffing out of these guys and unless the naivety on the line changes i.e defence set up properly then we will be in for a long day.
Pride and heart will only get you so far this at this stage of championship and Donegals physique and fitness will ensure us chasing a game up until 55 minutes before we fall away.

As far the resident clown from Roscommon he reminds me a bit of Kim Jong in North Korea its only true if i believe it.

Rossfan

I'd say the crowd will hardly cross 10k.
Depends on how many Donegals come.
Ros Town about 75 miles from Bundoran.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 16, 2018, 01:59:39 PM
While i don't think it will be as bad as a hammering as Saturday i cant see us keeping it below 6 points.
With all the good intentions in the world Saturdays hammering will have knocked the stuffing out of these guys and unless the naivety on the line changes i.e defence set up properly then we will be in for a long day.
Pride and heart will only get you so far this at this stage of championship and Donegals physique and fitness will ensure us chasing a game up until 55 minutes before we fall away.

As far the resident clown from Roscommon he reminds me a bit of Kim Jong in North Korea its only true if i believe it.

You need to stop being an internet tough guy. The mouth on you.

Rudi

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2018, 01:06:22 PM
I suppose, Donegal drew with Mayo in the league. Ros drew with Mayo last August. Therefore the two teams are on a very similar level.

No we beat them in a challenge game ;D