?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Silver hill

toby47

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 25, 2024, 04:58:44 PM
Quote from: Mario on March 25, 2024, 04:39:46 PMWhy has he not had more game time since? I thought he'd be straight back in to first 15 but management seemed to prefer Murray and he finally rewarded them for that.

Did Toby47 not say he got injured. Was it a broken bone in the wrist?

Broken finger I think

Real Talk

When i think of O Lynch its the getting caught sometimes when he's outfield that's a problem.  However mostly he gives us that +1 when our play goes into attacking mode that he makes a significant contribution.  As a shot stopper he is also excellent .. had 2 great saves v Roscommon.  As far as Shane McGuigan is concerned he covers a lot of ground from the opposing 14 to his own 14yrd line and is very often the 'break ball winner' in mid field and of course a top drawer efficient finisher so it's also great for L Murray, C Murphy and D Gilmore giving us more options. Baker is not ready yet to mark players like C O'Callaghan, C Basquel (nor are there many that could ? ) ... So to beat Dublin we need a floating additional 4 players can add to our defensive system during the course of the game .... Dublin will not let that happen. 

The best we can hope for is to limit them to a 8 t0 10 pt defeat.  Here's hoping i'm wrong

Derryman forever

Is the u20 game tonight  streamed ?

JoG2

Gazboy

Derryman forever

Quote from: Gazboy on March 26, 2024, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on March 26, 2024, 06:28:08 PMIs the u20 game tonight  streamed ?
Its tomorrow night 7.30

Oops I'm a day ahead of myself.
Still the question stands

onefineday

Quote from: Real Talk on March 26, 2024, 04:39:28 PMWhen i think of O Lynch its the getting caught sometimes when he's outfield that's a problem.  However mostly he gives us that +1 when our play goes into attacking mode that he makes a significant contribution.  As a shot stopper he is also excellent .. had 2 great saves v Roscommon.  As far as Shane McGuigan is concerned he covers a lot of ground from the opposing 14 to his own 14yrd line and is very often the 'break ball winner' in mid field and of course a top drawer efficient finisher so it's also great for L Murray, C Murphy and D Gilmore giving us more options. Baker is not ready yet to mark players like C O'Callaghan, C Basquel (nor are there many that could ? ) ... So to beat Dublin we need a floating additional 4 players can add to our defensive system during the course of the game .... Dublin will not let that happen. 

The best we can hope for is to limit them to a 8 t0 10 pt defeat.  Here's hoping i'm wrong
Christ you're all fierce pessimistic on here, you think this is some sort of Kerry cute hoorisms?
I really hope we go all out for this one and think we can win, not clear why everyone thinks we'll do well to limit them and all this nonsense. We've got a good break until the Donegal game and imo we've got nothing to fear, it won't be 2014 all over again.

statto

Quote from: Real Talk on March 26, 2024, 04:39:28 PMWhen i think of O Lynch its the getting caught sometimes when he's outfield that's a problem.  However mostly he gives us that +1 when our play goes into attacking mode that he makes a significant contribution.  As a shot stopper he is also excellent .. had 2 great saves v Roscommon.  As far as Shane McGuigan is concerned he covers a lot of ground from the opposing 14 to his own 14yrd line and is very often the 'break ball winner' in mid field and of course a top drawer efficient finisher so it's also great for L Murray, C Murphy and D Gilmore giving us more options. Baker is not ready yet to mark players like C O'Callaghan, C Basquel (nor are there many that could ? ) ... So to beat Dublin we need a floating additional 4 players can add to our defensive system during the course of the game .... Dublin will not let that happen. 

After losing the last meeting by 5 points with half a team out? Fully expect derry give them all want on Sunday.

JoG2

Quote from: Derryman forever on March 26, 2024, 08:18:56 PM
Quote from: Gazboy on March 26, 2024, 06:57:37 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on March 26, 2024, 06:28:08 PMIs the u20 game tonight  streamed ?
Its tomorrow night 7.30

Oops I'm a day ahead of myself.
Still the question stands

Same answer still stands, yes, Ulster GAA TV  ;D

Derryman forever

tbrick18

Quote from: onefineday on March 27, 2024, 12:44:59 AM

Christ you're all fierce pessimistic on here, you think this is some sort of Kerry cute hoorisms?
I really hope we go all out for this one and think we can win, not clear why everyone thinks we'll do well to limit them and all this nonsense. We've got a good break until the Donegal game and imo we've got nothing to fear, it won't be 2014 all over again.

I hope and expect Derry to play their own game rather than make wholesale changes to tactics for Dublin. That's the level we need to be playing at - with confidence in our own players and tactics. If we change that massively, then we're setting ourselves up to not get beat rather than to win.
Our biggest problem defensively will be the speed of the Dublin attack and I really worry about McKaigue in there. But I think our attack will cause Dublin problems too. They way we attack in groups of 3/4 at pace now, rather than the sideways slow build up to find space will give Dublin much bigger problems than they had against Tyrone. And we attack with 15 players. It could be a shoot out.
For those calling for Lynch not to go out the field, we've been playing the high risk/high reward game for about 3 years and its been working. Tweak it yes, but you don't change what has been working.

Dublin's kick passing game is top drawer, which might give them an edge and their panel is full of first teamers.
I'm hopeful rather than optimistic - Dublin are awesome but we're not far off them.

tbrick18

Anyone know when the next tranche of tickets are being released?
Only seems to be corner seats at the minute.

Wildweasel74

Normally the mor at 10, you get no better now for children if u taking them

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 27, 2024, 11:19:04 AMAnyone know when the next tranche of tickets are being released?
Only seems to be corner seats at the minute.

Central Cusack sections on sale now tbrick