Clare v Waterford

Started by Bud Wiser, June 17, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

First prize goes to anyone who deciphered the close up of Davy Fitz today and can guess what he was saying when he was giving it a lash. Second goes to what the Waterford manager was saying to the substitute he was making when he had him by the neck shahing him before releasing him into battle. All thats good about GAA captured by a clever camera man in Semple Statium. Great second half and great finish.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

I'd love to know what Davy really thinks about Mullane.

What was Mullane thinking about when he was doing his victory dance in front of Davy ?.

Who was Davy shouting at reference the two all ireland medals, you've got none ?. The ref, linesman or a Waterford player ?.

Bud Wiser

I don't know orangeman, it will probably come out in some paper or on some board during the week I hope.
After all the soccer it was a breath of fresh air to see that game yesterday. Davy must have said someting to Mullane for him to do what he did after the game, mind you I dont think he would have done it if Fitz had a spare hurley in his hand.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Premier Emperor

Davy is passionate about the game. Therefore it is fine that he runs around abusing players and officials.

Applesisapples

Quote from: orangeman on June 18, 2012, 12:04:24 AM

What was Mullane thinking about when he was doing his victory dance in front of Davy ?.

Who was Davy shouting at reference the two all ireland medals, you've got none ?. The ref, linesman or a Waterford player ?.
He didn't mention medals, he said that's two yez have done us for, meaning a disallowed point and one given to Aaterford which he felt was wide.

Applesisapples

Davy definitely gives his all on the line, is somewhat ott at times and at times can influence refs with his ranting. Mullane let himself down with his antics and Davy was actually quite dignified in his response and generous. Dan Shanahan seemed to enjoiy the result as well. At the end of the day Davy gave a lot to Waterford Hurling and it's a shame that all of that seems to be forgotton in the fall out of his departure. I suspect that Davy had got all he could from the team and as an ambitious young Manager saw Clare as a better prospect, as well as the pull of your own County. That shouldn't be forgotten GAA is all about your own place, be it Club or County.

heffo

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 18, 2012, 11:45:19 AM

He didn't mention medals, he said that's two yez have done us for, meaning a disallowed point and one given to Aaterford which he felt was wide.

Come off it, he said 'I've two All-Ireland's and you've fu*k all'

tommysmith

Quote from: heffo on June 18, 2012, 11:58:15 AM

Come off it, he said 'I've two All-Ireland's and you've f**k all'

Yeah thats def what he said i though it was very funny and the head about to explode on him  ;D

heffo

Quote from: tommysmith on June 18, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Yeah thats def what he said i though it was very funny and the head about to explode on him  ;D

It was funny alright but why RTE put a mic next to him and then feign mock outrage when this stuff is picked up - you hear worse at club games..

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on June 18, 2012, 12:09:20 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on June 18, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

It was funny alright but why RTE put a mic next to him and then feign mock outrage when this stuff is picked up - you hear worse at club games..
[/b]

You're surely not trying to suggest that RTE might have intentionally and deliberately placed a mic near to Davy in the hope/expectation of picking up something "tasty" ?.

Surely not !

NAG1

Dont know obviously what happened toward the end of the Davys regime in Waterford, but he did do savage work with that team and dragged them through on occasions dont think that should be forgotten. But this appears to be a trait of this current Waterford team/ individuals.

orangeman

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 12:57:04 PM
Dont know obviously what happened toward the end of the Davys regime in Waterford, but he did do savage work with that team and dragged them through on occasions dont think that should be forgotten. But this appears to be a trait of this current Waterford team/ individuals.

What does ?.

The perceived lack of gratitude or appreciation or what ?.

Waterford would probably say he got well paid for what he did and that they've moved on.

AZOffaly

I think Apples is mixing him up with Ollie Baker who was giving out about an Offaly 'wide' and a Galway 'point' to the linesman. Said something like that's two ye've done us on.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2012, 01:24:48 PM

I think Apples is mixing him up with Ollie Baker who was giving out about an Offaly 'wide' and a Galway 'point' to the linesman. Said something like that's two ye've done us on.
Sorry, you're right there, I didn't hear Davy shout the other, sorry I missed it now. I think Davy could do things with this Clare team, particularly if he can keep them focused. He does overdo the verbals though to the point where he sounds like he's straight from gift grub.

deiseach

Looks like we're back to providing top-notch entertainment. Now can we have an All-Ireland as reward please?

Match report here.