AutoCad

Started by Bud Wiser, March 04, 2012, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Can anyone point me in the right direction here. I need a basic version of AutoCad to do drawings I am doing a project for. I had a version before and I loaned my computer and the program on it to a supposed friend and never seen him or the computer since, it was about three years ago.  Now Im stuck and when I look on-line I see different versions for prices up to 3,000 dollars which I aint got.  I am seeing cheaper versions that sez, 2010, 2007 etc but if I buy one of these will the person I send the DWG drawing to be able to view it or whats the craic.  Best place to buy and any help appreciated.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

mylestheslasher

The cheaper ones are fine and people will be able to read the files no bother. You should look st piratebay and save yourself a few euro.

DuffleKing

Do you need it longterm? You can download Acad Release on a month's trial

Bud Wiser

Thanks very much.  The months trial wouldnt do Duffle.  I will try becoming a pirate for the day and report back.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

LeoMc

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 04, 2012, 11:29:17 AM
if I buy one of these will the person I send the DWG drawing to be able to view it or whats the craic. 

Whichever package or version you go for it should have the option of saving as a DXF (Drawing eXchange File) which would be compatible with all other CAD packages. You save as a DXF from CAD Package 1 and your mate could then import your DXF into his CAD Package 2.

thejuice

http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/

BricsCAD is pretty good and much cheaper than AutoCAD and is fully compatible with AutoCAD files.

You can probably get a free trial too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016