Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Friend of mine got great deal from wiggle on new 105 groupset. Reduced to £379. Bought Monday delivered yesterday. All I'd say is pay by credit card just in case but never had issue with Wiggle

Ardstick

Its probably been asked before on this but what would be the best type of road bike to purchase for very hilly area?? Gear wise, chain wise etc?? Cheers

maddog

Quote from: Ardstick on February 28, 2024, 10:16:33 AMIts probably been asked before on this but what would be the best type of road bike to purchase for very hilly area?? Gear wise, chain wise etc?? Cheers

I'd look for something with a 34/50 up front and 11-34 at the back. Should get you up most things.

If its more leisure type rides look at something like a cannondale synapse. Usually has that type of gearing. If its for racing then you might need to customise it yourself.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Ardstick on February 28, 2024, 10:16:33 AMIts probably been asked before on this but what would be the best type of road bike to purchase for very hilly area?? Gear wise, chain wise etc?? Cheers
Better legs and lungs!
Hills are all about spinning the legs and maintaining a steady power for 10 mins plus.
Very trainable
Doesn't really matter what bike you have.
Different cassettes and chainsets just make it a bit easier