TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 30, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2019, 06:17:42 PM
Said it a few weeks ago and it needs repeating, Succession is absolutely brilliant.

Best show on TV at the minute by an absolute mile and anyone not on board with it is missing out.

Ill concur. Even the kinky stuff with the oul blade 😉😃

I'm not as big a fan of this as everyone else. It is good yes but it's not as good as made out I think. I'd have it on a par with Billions but not on the level of a Sopranos/West Wing/Breaking Bad etc.

Hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2019, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 30, 2019, 03:40:19 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 30, 2019, 03:14:22 PM
Don't think I've seen it mentioned much on here, but I've recently watched the two seasons of Ozark and thought it was very good.

The first episode you can't help but wonder is this just a re-hash of Breaking Bad, but while there are some similarities, it's its own show and ends up very different (and how many Cops or US Presidents series has there been!)

I am a fan of Jason Bateman which helps, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a Netflix show to watch

When is season 3 dropping?
Was season 2 any use? We started it but got distracted by something else meaning to come back to it.
I thought season 2 was better.

nrico2006

Don't think season 3 is out for a while yet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2019, 08:33:49 PM
Said it a few weeks ago and it needs repeating, Succession is absolutely brilliant.

Best show on TV at the minute by an absolute mile and anyone not on board with it is missing out.

I'm not as big a fan of this as everyone else. It is good yes but it's not as good as made out I think. I'd have it on a par with Billions but not on the level of a Sopranos/West Wing/Breaking Bad etc.

It's vastly superior to Billions ffs. Waaaaay better written, smarter, sharper.

Main Street

I think Succcession has fallen into a pit of regurgatating soap, when it looks like soap, smells like soap, it is soap.

bennydorano

City on a Hill on Sky Atlantic is very good. Caught up on that Confession on ITV and have to say it's a fine piece of drama, Martin Freeman excellent as usual.

Succession is superb, so nuanced and funny. Culkin's character steals the show every scene.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2019, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 30, 2019, 03:40:19 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 30, 2019, 03:14:22 PM
Don't think I've seen it mentioned much on here, but I've recently watched the two seasons of Ozark and thought it was very good.

The first episode you can't help but wonder is this just a re-hash of Breaking Bad, but while there are some similarities, it's its own show and ends up very different (and how many Cops or US Presidents series has there been!)

I am a fan of Jason Bateman which helps, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a Netflix show to watch

When is season 3 dropping?
Was season 2 any use? We started it but got distracted by something else meaning to come back to it.

I thought Season 2 was good alright.

Waiting on Season 3.

tbrick18

The Young Offenders on BBC3/Iplayer is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.
Set in Cork its about 2 wee scumbags who aren't as bad as they seem to be.
Very very funny.

Denn Forever

Not a tv show but Midnight Run is on Film 4 this Friday at 21.00.  I wonder how well it'll hold up.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Olly

Watched Outnumbered on sky. It's a documentary about a family of 5 living in London. It's very well filmed and the people never look at the camera even though it's in the bedroom some times. Well worth the watching if you have sky.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2019, 08:33:49 PM

Can I revise my opinion?? The 2nd season was pretty f**king class!!!

BennyCake

What's all this fuss around Fleabag? Started watching lately, and i don't see much to laugh about.

Main Street

Succession 2 droned on to another dead end, setting up the tv zombies for a s3. Why did they not just wind it up and say "its a wrap".
  Afaics the main entertainment  comes from the drone Kendall Roy character who is the spittin' image of and (probably) based upon Mark Zuckerberg.
I can't think of a more corporate lying sack of fascist sht than the public persona of Zuckerberg, the similarity with the on screeen depiction (Kendall Roy) in this drama is uncanny.

Solo_run

Have caught up with Titans (Comic) TV series and have thought the casting is spot on and well worth watching

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2019, 11:22:06 PM
Succession 2 droned on to another dead end, setting up the tv zombies for a s3. Why did they not just wind it up and say "its a wrap".
  Afaics the main entertainment  comes from the drone Kendall Roy character who is the spittin' image of and (probably) based upon Mark Zuckerberg.
I can't think of a more corporate lying sack of fascist sht than the public persona of Zuckerberg, the similarity with the on screeen depiction (Kendall Roy) in this drama is uncanny.

Do you copy and paste somebody else's opinion on every thread or just this one?