Horse Outside

Started by IolarCoisCuain, December 09, 2010, 11:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on December 20, 2010, 10:27:39 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 20, 2010, 10:23:10 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 20, 2010, 10:11:04 PM
what constitutes a number one now?
Selling more than anyone else.
sellin more what maguire, cds,singles, downloads, views on youtube? combination?
"Selling more" = Sales
Therefore CDs and paid-for downloads. You'll also have to have sold them (i.e. the cds) in the right shops (i.e. the high-street ones generally); sales at gigs or flogging a few in your local corner shop won't count.

You Tube / Illegal downloads are irrelevant (although may well pay off in terms of associated publicity).

J OGorman

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 21, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
sellin more what maguire, cds,singles, downloads, views on youtube? combination?
"Selling more" = Sales
Therefore CDs and paid-for downloads. You'll also have to have sold them (i.e. the cds) in the right shops (i.e. the high-street ones generally); sales at gigs or flogging a few in your local corner shop won't count.

You Tube / Illegal downloads are irrelevant (although may well pay off in terms of associated publicity).

itunes / 7 Digital / Myspace music / E Music are the main digital sites that count towards the charts.
6000 would secure a number 1 generally. Over a 1000 youd be in the top 10, though this is a very competitive time of the year eg Fairytale of NY shifted over a thousand last week and still failed to make the itunes top 30.

Maguire01

Quote from: J OGorman on December 21, 2010, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 21, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
"Selling more" = Sales

itunes / 7 Digital / Myspace music / E Music are the main digital sites that count towards the charts.
6000 would secure a number 1 generally. Over a 1000 youd be in the top 10, though this is a very competitive time of the year eg Fairytale of NY shifted over a thousand last week and still failed to make the itunes top 30.
Yeah, a lot depends on the time of the year. Comedian David O'Doherty got a song at #30 in the Irish charts with less than 300 sales: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(song)
That was in February.

lawnseed

any word are they no.1? the kilkenny thing is really funny
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Ash Smoker

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 20, 2010, 05:27:59 PM
on Matt Cooper now with Fintan O'Toole
Was O'Fool moaning about it?

DirtyDozen12

Why pay for music when you can rip the audio from you-tube  :-\
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

wherefromreferee?

They were on Ray D'Arcy this morning, the last 10mins of the show.
Hadn't heard them in an interview before - very funny boys.
In your Endo!

balladmaker

QuoteHadn't heard them in an interview before - very funny boys.

Very well educated boys, not like their Rubberbandits persona at all.

comethekingdom

They've won an IFTA !! Happy days!

gerrykeegan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FiKME7LAW8

The latest from the bandits

"I Want to fight your father"
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hardy

Well, it was never going to be easy to follow "Horse Outside".

ardal

First thought was this was just insulting. Then thought it was intellectually brilliant. Then thought what would I know. But hey it's just insulting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFH1aWoxCs

heganboy

Quote from: ardal on February 24, 2011, 11:56:27 AM
First thought was this was just insulting. Then thought it was intellectually brilliant. Then thought what would I know. But hey it's just insulting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFH1aWoxCs

Ah c'mon thats pretty f'ing funny "a load of condoms full of petrol", and "locked the queen in the boot of an opel corsa"
Brilliant
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Capt Pat

The new one isn't up to much. Not very amusing at all. THe "Ra" one is good as well as the bags of glue song, but not the new one.