Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Toomanygaels on February 05, 2018, 12:49:20 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 05, 2018, 12:31:52 PM
Quote from: Toomanygaels on February 05, 2018, 12:24:39 PM
Interesting to see a player looking to transfer from his clubs this year to "Further his Football Career" even though he played senior championship last year. Surely will be refused???
If his club have no objections, no one else should. Everyone knows where their priority lies when it comes to both codes. The only shame is he's going to the one club who shouldn't need any transfer but are constantly on the lookout for young talent of late rather than concentrating on maximizing their already vast numerical advantage.

I dont think he should be let transfer to Portlaoise. Either he stays playing with Camross and Ballyfin or he should try and transfer to some other club bar Portlaoise.
Agreed

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on February 05, 2018, 12:56:58 PM
Interesting to see a player looking to transfer from his clubs this year to "Further his Football Career" even though he played senior championship last year. Surely will be refused???
If his club have no objections, no one else should. Everyone knows where their priority lies when it comes to both codes. The only shame is he's going to the one club who shouldn't need any transfer but are constantly on the lookout for young talent of late rather than concentrating on maximizing their already vast numerical advantage.

I dont think he should be let transfer to Portlaoise. Either he stays playing with Camross and Ballyfin or he should try and transfer to some other club bar Portlaoise.
Agreed

He won't get a transfer on these grounds, he obviously has put this transfer with no help from Portlaoise as this would have no chance of getting through on those grounds and Portlaoise  would have realized that. 

Helix

Are camross still part of gaels for this year with Ballyfin it is it just with slieve Bloom?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

Agreed

He won't get a transfer on these grounds, he obviously has put this transfer with no help from Portlaoise as this would have no chance of getting through on those grounds and Portlaoise  would have realized that.
Rubbish. The Portlaoise secretary would have signed the transfer form. If that's not helping, I don't know what is.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on February 05, 2018, 03:06:11 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

Agreed

Rubbish. The Portlaoise secretary would have signed the transfer form. If that's not helping, I don't know what is.

Have Portlaoise a secretary? Chairman? Treasurer?

BallyroanAbu

Nobody from Portlaoise needs to sign anything .

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 05, 2018, 03:39:03 PM
Nobody from Portlaoise needs to sign anything .
So Portlaoise know nothing about this and didn't give the lad a hand with the paperwork? Hmm.

Unlaoised

Portlaoise have been asking about this boy for a while I heard.

It's a pity
LAOIS ABÚ

clonadmad

Under the current bye laws

Rural to Rural transfers are ok

But rural to urban (Portlaoise being the only designated urban club in the county) are subject to a number of criteria being meet.

Bueller

Quote from: clonadmad on February 05, 2018, 03:54:56 PM

But rural to urban (Portlaoise being the only designated urban club in the county) are subject to a number of criteria being meet.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

clonadmad

Quote from: Bueller on February 05, 2018, 03:57:08 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on February 05, 2018, 03:54:56 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Well thems the rules,it's easy being cynical given what went on in the Rafter case,but sooner or later the County Board will have to enforce its own rules or rip them up and give Portlaoise a free reign.

BallyroanAbu

I seriously doubt anyone in Portlaoise has anything to do with this.  They are well aware of the criteria.

If they did I am sure they would have filled in something that he may possibly have qualified under, rather than something that will 100% be turned down. 

Portlaoise most definitely know the rules.

Portlaoise are an exception to the rules also having the possibility of Urban to Rural, which only Portlaoise qualify under, that being Portlaoise cannot object to players wanting to transfer out for any reason.  The rest of us can object to player transfers.  Rural to Rural come under the normal criteria within Laois bye laws as do Rural to Urban.  I am always surprised more clubs cannot avail of this possibility I suppose it's because of Portlaoise success not too many want to leave.

High Fielder

Are we talking about Sean Moore here?

The PRO

Quote from: High Fielder on February 05, 2018, 04:43:45 PM
No. A Camross footballer.

Helix

Quote from: The PRO on February 05, 2018, 05:59:01 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on February 05, 2018, 04:43:45 PM
No. A Camross footballer.

Will that include hurling with Portlaoise aswell is transfer goes in?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail