Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 21, 2019, 09:15:55 AM
Sudden is a joke of a ref, always was and always will be.  How he gets any game is beyond me.
Carrickmore be glad to get a second chance after a poor showing second half. Found it strange that Edendork tried to defend a two point lead with still 5 mins of normal time left. First half was as good a football as I've seen in all championship games this year although the standard has been very disappointing.
Expect Omagh to come through today followed by Coalisland and Trillick just.

Tiernan Murray worth the admission fee alone on his first half showing. Did a Carrickmore player receive a second yellow but sudden never flashed the red card so he stayed on the field. Near the end so it didn't matter but ger treacy  seemed pretty sure on tesmtalk

Tyrone95

Quote from: redzone on September 21, 2019, 10:16:02 AM
Sudden is a joke of a ref, always was and always will be.  How he gets any game is beyond me.
Carrickmore be glad to get a second chance after a poor showing second half. Found it strange that Edendork tried to defend a two point lead with still 5 mins of normal time left. First half was as good a football as I've seen in all championship games this year although the standard has been very disappointing.

Tiernan Murray worth the admission fee alone on his first half showing. Did a Carrickmore player receive a second yellow but sudden never flashed the red card so he stayed on the field. Near the end so it didn't matter but ger treacy  seemed pretty sure on tesmtalk

Yea I think Sean donnelly revieved 2 yellows. I missed it myself as well! We would nearly need to have a man marking Niall Morgan. Gets on some ball

Under Lights

Come see the champs today, you'll not be disappointed

giveherlong

Did he get a straight red in first round? Obviously appealed

Tyrone95

Quote from: giveherlong on September 21, 2019, 01:28:55 PM

Did he get a straight red in first round? Obviously appealed

He got it over turned on appeal and rightly so.

rrhf

Quote from: under the bar on September 21, 2019, 08:23:31 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on September 20, 2019, 10:53:49 PM
Quote from: kickitin on September 20, 2019, 10:49:20 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on September 20, 2019, 10:01:47 PM
Martin Sludden typifies the so called top referees in this county...Carrickmore will be glad to see the back off him i would say....

what was wrong? apart from where he should've played advantage when morgan gave away the fist past for the goal chance, he was very good throughout

Yeah that was the only error he made. But it was an absolutely huge error. Carrickmore were through on an empty goal which would have won them the game.

If expect Carrickmore would prefer to go out in tight game v Edendork than to a hidng v Errigal tho!
Seen Sludden taking carmen home in the odd championship game in the past so it's strange to see the vitriol now.

Tyrone95

Quote from: rrhf on September 21, 2019, 07:46:54 PM
Martin Sludden typifies the so called top referees in this county...Carrickmore will be glad to see the back off him i would say....

what was wrong? apart from where he should've played advantage when morgan gave away the fist past for the goal chance, he was very good throughout

Yeah that was the only error he made. But it was an absolutely huge error. Carrickmore were through on an empty goal which would have won them the game.

If expect Carrickmore would prefer to go out in tight game v Edendork than to a hidng v Errigal tho!
Seen Sludden taking carmen home in the odd championship game in the past so it's strange to see the vitriol now.

I have been to every championship game for about 30 years and I don't recall this ever happening. Are you sure we are talking about the same man?

Goals_Will_Come

Errigal very impressive today against Omagh. Peter Harte kicked some outstanding scores and took his goal superbly. Will take a good team to stop them.

Moonshine

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 21, 2019, 08:47:05 PM
Errigal very impressive today against Omagh. Peter Harte kicked some outstanding scores and took his goal superbly. Will take a good team to stop them.

Early days yet. Still alot of good teams left but a very positive performance.. petey harte was different level tonight as was some of younger lads. Omagh very poor looked like they had no plan. 

Some big games tomorrow couple shocks maybe on cards

WT4E

Quote from: rrhf on September 21, 2019, 07:46:54 PM

This was my initial thought too to be honest. Strange.

omagh_gael

Omagh very disappointing today. Some seriously sloppy handpasses throughout game with one directly leading to Errigal's second goal which effectively ended the match as a contest. Thought it was a pretty poor game overall.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 21, 2019, 11:44:11 AM
Come see the champs today, you'll not be disappointed
Did you know Omagh were going to set up so negatively Tiffy?
They had no game plan, no structure and no leaders. Bar a 10 minute spell at the start where O Donnell was getting on the ball and the last 5 when Errigal sat back and invited them on they let Errigal dictate the game.

under the bar

Kings of Tyrone football coming good.  :)

Under Lights

Errigal great depth to the panel, lot of new (and old) faces added to the panel since the last day. Lost two big players early in the game and still won with ease. What now for Omagh, limping out of the championship, paying big money for coaches and backroom teams.

Tyrone95

Quote from: under the bar on September 22, 2019, 12:07:51 AM

Kings of Tyrone football coming good.  :)

Wouldn't say that. We drew with Edendork Friday  ;)