Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Seems the police are not looking at this suspiciously.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Something I didn't know until just now was that the book he'd had references living in the wilderness, nakedness, returning to simplicity.

LeoMc

Quote from: Rois on June 27, 2020, 11:10:38 PM
Something I didn't know until just now was that the book he'd had references living in the wilderness, nakedness, returning to simplicity.
Where did you get this information?

Rois

Nowhere official, a bit of a "Karen from FB" thing that was mentioned to me, and then I did a bit of looking online. There's a plethora of online discussion about the concepts in this book, including biblical refs to shame of nakedness. Then again, it could be the type of book that has an answer for everything if you go looking for it. I know the book is very popular with teenagers - and was so specifically called out by the PSNI, as if it was to be a hook for people listening.
(I realise I am now Detective Karen)

gallsman

Quote from: LeoMc on June 28, 2020, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Rois on June 27, 2020, 11:10:38 PM
Where did you get this information?

It was Jordan Peterson's book he had. Was announced publicly.

seafoid

There will probably be a post mortem to find out whether or not he had a head trauma.

It is a desperately sad story especially given that he was an only child.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

illdecide

I don't know much about the case and TBH it doesn't really matter as it's not going to bring the cub back but how the hell he got down a manhole and into a storm sewer i don't know. It generally take two men to lift a manhole lid with metal lifters (one man could do it if he's strong and the lid is loose) and TBH majority of time these lids haven't been lifted in a while so they usually take a bit of persuasion so how this happened is weird. Terrible tragedy and can't imagine what the family are going thru right now.
My son's friend from school (from primary one right up to last year) passed away yesterday too at 12 years of age...unreal. The lad had asthma and I was told he went to bed with a sore tummy that's all i know, never heard what happened him. Was thinking about these cases last night and how parents cope with this type of thing is not worth thinking about, how they find the strength to carry one is unimaginable
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Was chatting to a mate today and that particular storm drain had no covering . Some of them link across to the motorway. Where they can drain water away along the railway. 

Whatever way, this was terrible for the family, I certainly hugged my kids and wife when the news came through.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I can hear a band parade somewhere in the distance from my house.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2020, 08:22:50 PM
I can hear a band parade somewhere in the distance from my house.

Yes heard one earlier, I think they do wee fundraisers around the estates so maybe that's what it is

Orior

Bands were out on Saturday morning too. Jamie Bryson calling a relaxation of the lockdown (ahem... so they can gather pallets, lol)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Aye I heard a Lambeg bating the other evening.

armaghniac

Perhaps it was a Cozy Powell tribute.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general_lee

Not sure if any of yous follow those Raffle "competitions" on Facebook. There's one called Agri Competitions, they made a bit of a booboo over the weekend there with their live fix draw.

Most of them seem legit though these lads have been caught out badly. The fella in the link below shows what they were really at

https://m.facebook.com/pg/NIUnderground/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Milltown Row2

Those things were going on for a while and as some some are 'legit' but obviously illegal

I'd say there was an upsurge during lockdown, with the bookies and bingo halls closed! Though bingo has continued online up the Shankill