Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

1.20 western boy

2.05 dodging bullets

2.40  vintage star

3.20 our conor

;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Hardy

Colours to the mast - come on the Fly. Further neck sticking out - the irish Champion Hurdlers will run the guts out of the English.

Brick Tamlin

13:30 - Wicklow Brave
14:05 - Trifolium
14:40 - Fruity O Rooney
15:20 - Jezki
16:00 - Quevega
16:40 - Shotgun Paddy
17:15 - Art of Logistics

thewobbler

Hardy

OK - get on Willie for the week.

Milltown Row2

Ruby back at it again!! unreal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Ruby nods? Did he take too much out of Champagne Fever?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 10, 2014, 11:00:12 PM
Really looking forward to tomorrow. It's always a fantastic week's craic. I haven't been over yet but still great to be off work and getting the lads together for a few pints and the best week's racing (and best sustained week's sport) of the year.

Been looking forward to the Champion Hurdle all year. Backed Hurricane Fly at the last three festivals but have deserted him in favour of the The New One. Just think the sands of time have to wilt the champion at some stage and The New One is thoroughly likeable with the Neptune proving a decent trial in recent years.

A form / trends guides I bought threw up an interesting stat about the profits which were to be had by following horses in first time headgear at the last festival. Not enough to be a trend yet but it's an interesting angle. Those handicaps are also so competitive that there's usually one that improves beyond what could be expected so it might be one line of enquiry. I've let it push me in the direction of Art of Logistics albeit that a winning favourite wouldn't necessarily be the strongest evidence.

Agree with DH on the impact of the ground, definitely a big angle for the handicaps with marks affected by weather for most of the season.

My team for war tomorrow is;

Wicklow Brave
Trifolium
Fruity O'Rooney
The New One
Quevega
Shutthefrontdoor
Art of Logistics

Didn't follow through on my own advice but Western Warhouse was in a first time hood there.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2014, 08:39:46 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 10, 2014, 11:08:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 11:05:12 PM
Ok, lucky 15 for tomorrow done, Champagne Fever, Quevega, Jezki and Gilgamboa

For your sake I hope I'm wrong, but I really can't see on what grounds you'd pick Jezki over the Fly and Our Conor!

It's an e/w lucky 15, picked him as I've made a few quid off him so thought I'd stick with it

Ahemmmmmmmmmm, now I don't want the other horse to win lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

The headgear strikes again! You might have something there TAM.

Brick Tamlin

The Worker

Hope our conor is ok, lengthy treatment

Muzz

Confirmed he was put down. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Muzz on March 11, 2014, 03:57:28 PM
Confirmed he was put down.

fcuk that's shit, real decent horse, plenty of Conor's have made a few pound off that horse

ardchieftain

What happened to Our Conor has put a real dampener on the day. The connections must be devastated.

Anyone know anywhere i can watch the 4.40 race online, without placing a bet?