Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belleaqua

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2013, 07:44:16 PM
Galls man nothing wrong with that and is the reason why I've been to numerous concerts of his.

But the likes of J70 swallow the shit that he's some sort of People's Poet for the oppressed.

Nope, I don't know the man but I don't think he does. Like the rest of us on here he likes the music, he knows what inspired it and was merely responding to your bullsh*t comments that have all been thoroughly refuted.

We all know that he has become a multimillionaire through the success of his talent and all know he inhabits a wealth and a lifestyle we can only imagine.

However we also appreciate where the music comes from; the influences that shaped his songwriting and acknowledge that there has been a consistent theme for over 40 years.

You have ignored all the posts that have refuted all your baseless statements and have taken the track of trying to imply fans of his music are naive, gullible and misinformed in a sad attempt to put your point across.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2013, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2013, 04:36:53 PM
So you think a lot but do nothing?

The point is that it is crass for multimillionaires to pretend they care about poor unfortunate people, as if the system was right, there would be neither millionaires nor poor people.

Springsteen is a good entertainer with the business acumen to con a vast array of people into believing he gives a shit about the poor as he amasses huge wealth. A bit like so many clerics, who preach but don't practice the Gospel message. A clever marketing tool, used by global brands the world over, if you'll pardon the pun.

Listen, don't  presume to make pronouncements about what I do. This is a public internet forum. I have no intention of making anything but the most vague personal revelations. My charitable acts are private.

And capitalism does not preclude charity or sympathy for those less fortunate.

im sure your heart bleeds for those less fortunate!

that fact that you are so defensive about this on a 'public internet forum' is telling

'please sir, can i have some of your charity and sympathy'

as i said before, enjoy your comfortable life, im waiting in donegal when u decide to help those less fortunate

ross matt

Quote from: belleaqua on July 02, 2013, 01:35:54 AM
Galls man nothing wrong with that and is the reason why I've been to numerous concerts of his.

But the likes of J70 swallow the shit that he's some sort of People's Poet for the oppressed.

Nope, I don't know the man but I don't think he does. Like the rest of us on here he likes the music, he knows what inspired it and was merely responding to your bullsh*t comments that have all been thoroughly refuted.

We all know that he has become a multimillionaire through the success of his talent and all know he inhabits a wealth and a lifestyle we can only imagine.

However we also appreciate where the music comes from; the influences that shaped his songwriting and acknowledge that there has been a consistent theme for over 40 years.

You have ignored all the posts that have refuted all your baseless statements and have taken the track of trying to imply fans of his music are naive, gullible and misinformed in a sad attempt to put your point across.

+1. That pretty much nails it.

Applesisapples

Springsteen like Neil Young. John Mellencamp and a host of other US artist has a history of using his fame and time to help causes such as Amnesty and Farm Aid. So his talent and his day job has made him wealthy, how does that make him any less sincere about issues than those of us less well off? It doesn't make him a Saint either, something that he him self would admit. There is a new book out in which he documents the untreated manic depression of his father and how it affect his family and indeed his own struggle with depression. Small things like this can help.

J70

WTF are you talking about?

I was refuting your point that a man like him can know nothing of what its like to struggle in life, which you would know is bullshit if you knew anything about his upbringing.

But given your obvious obtuseness, lets bring it closer to home for you: the lads on the board who grew up in the troubles, but now, thankfully, live a peaceful, secure, life, either because they moved away, or because hopefully their hometown has now left the troubles behind - can those lads (presumably  including yourself) look back, years later, and speak informatively or even write songs accurately addressing what it was like? Can they look at people in similar trouble spots, elsewhere on the globe, and, even though they've left that life behind, feel sympathy and know what those people are going through?

J70

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 02, 2013, 02:26:24 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2013, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2013, 04:36:53 PM
So you think a lot but do nothing?

The point is that it is crass for multimillionaires to pretend they care about poor unfortunate people, as if the system was right, there would be neither millionaires nor poor people.

Springsteen is a good entertainer with the business acumen to con a vast array of people into believing he gives a shit about the poor as he amasses huge wealth. A bit like so many clerics, who preach but don't practice the Gospel message. A clever marketing tool, used by global brands the world over, if you'll pardon the pun.

Listen, don't  presume to make pronouncements about what I do. This is a public internet forum. I have no intention of making anything but the most vague personal revelations. My charitable acts are private.

And capitalism does not preclude charity or sympathy for those less fortunate.

im sure your heart bleeds for those less fortunate!

that fact that you are so defensive about this on a 'public internet forum' is telling

'please sir, can i have some of your charity and sympathy'

as i said before, enjoy your comfortable life, im waiting in donegal when u decide to help those less fortunate

If you want to discuss what I've written, fine.

If you want to get in a flame war based on what you think you can read between lines written by someone you don't know, go ahead, but I'm not interested.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross matt on July 02, 2013, 09:06:01 AM

+2. Great post.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

J70

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 02, 2013, 06:25:41 PM
Quote from: ross matt on July 02, 2013, 09:06:01 AM

+2. Great post.

Indeed!

mb80b60

Hi guys, might be a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare for the kings hall gig?  I have one sorted but trying to get one for the ladyfriend.

Cheers,
MB

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mb80b60 on July 04, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
Hi guys, might be a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare for the kings hall gig?  I have one sorted but trying to get one for the ladyfriend.

Cheers,
MB

Some tickets for sale on www.donedeal.ie  for the Belfast gig
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Wildweasel74

Go mine tickets, sorted through gum tree, not leave it so late in future

Bingo

It's likely I will have two standing tickets for sale, will know for sure this evening.

Any takers? Would prefer to sell the two together first up.

Face value of course.

mb80b60

Quote from: Bingo on July 04, 2013, 05:56:58 PM
It's likely I will have two standing tickets for sale, will know for sure this evening.

Face value of course.

Hi Bingo,

I will definintely take one off you if possible.  Are they still for sale?

highorlow

QuoteBut the likes of J70 swallow the shit that he's some sort of People's Poet for the oppressed.

TF - For starters i don't think anyone has implied that, but while your on the subject I was wondering what you think of Bob Dylan, he tour's a lot these days?

What was your view on Johnny Cash when he was alive? Have you any view on Morrissey or Johnny Marr? Any thoughts on Billy Bragg?

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Bingo on July 04, 2013, 05:56:58 PM

Face value of course.

I'd take one ticket if it was for sale Bingo.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead