Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Waiting on Dundee's vote by all accounts to see if Scottish leagues end.

And Servco, unsurprisingly, don't want the league decided yet but want the prize money handed out now. 

You couldn't make it up.

Main Street

If it comes to pass to end the season now, it would be tough on Patrick Thistle who have a game in hand to avoid relegation.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on April 11, 2020, 10:27:27 AM
If it comes to pass to end the season now, it would be tough on Patrick Thistle who have a game in hand to avoid relegation.

As far as I can see it would be average points to decide positions so Thistle would be safe.

Main Street

Quote from: ned on April 11, 2020, 09:57:30 PM

As far as I can see it would be average points to decide positions so Thistle would be safe.
The maths is beyond my 1D vision, however the Scotsman calculates that Thistle would be relegated.

'Thistle, who would be relegated on 0.037 of a point under the proposals in lying two points off Queen of the South with a game in hand.'

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-and-partick-thistle-lead-revolt-against-spfl-resolution-end-season-2533784

ned

Quote from: Main Street on April 12, 2020, 01:16:11 AM
Quote from: ned on April 11, 2020, 09:57:30 PM

The maths is beyond my 1D vision, however the Scotsman calculates that Thistle would be relegated.

'Thistle, who would be relegated on 0.037 of a point under the proposals in lying two points off Queen of the South with a game in hand.'

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-and-partick-thistle-lead-revolt-against-spfl-resolution-end-season-2533784

Yes, I calculated wrong!
It appears that reconstruction for a season may be a solution. 14 team leagues a possibility but this is then unfair to teams in play off positions.

Main Street

The scottish clubs vote has been concluded with Dundee doing a lisbon treaty vote.
UEFA have blessed it,  and Celtic wil be announced as the champions.
Meanwhile Rangers cruelly denied their one in 10 million chance of overhauling Celtic, continue with their smoke and mirrors objections.

As Chris Sutton was inspired to write,
"Democratic vote...overwhelming result...frustration must really be the wheels came off after the winter break. But blame everyone and everything else."

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2020, 10:32:08 PM
The scottish clubs vote has been concluded with Dundee doing a lisbon treaty vote.
Meanwhile Rangers cruelly denied their one in 10 million chance of overhauling Celtic, continue with their smoke and mirrors objections.

"Democratic vote...overwhelming result...frustration must really be the wheels came off after the winter break. But blame everyone and everything else."

Sutton loves to wind people up.  Made a great career in the media.

ned

Quote from: marty34 on April 17, 2020, 09:12:36 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2020, 10:32:08 PM

Sutton loves to wind people up.  Made a great career in the media.

Yes, he likes to wind people up but that quote is not a wind up. It is exactly what no other twat in the media will say when it needs to be said.

Milltown Row2

Will there be an asterisk attached to this title?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2020, 12:55:10 PM

If and when it ever happens (hope they go burst and it never happens) will Sevco have one title to their name or will it be added to the old clubs 44 titles
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 17, 2020, 01:27:43 PM
Yes

It'll still count as a title regardless.  In 50 years, nobody will care, Celtic will have it to their name.

I see there could be a bigger league next season to keep Hearts etc. happy - a bit of compromise in a way.  That'll keep everybody happy.

The way I see it though is that Scotland have too many clubs, whether part-time or full-time.  Surely 20 clubs with be enough in a country that size.  Join 3 local clubs together (harder said than done) but there may be a few less clubs when all this settles down regardless!!

From the Bunker

Rangers have a shared title with Dumbarton, that they count as a full title!

lenny

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 17, 2020, 04:49:56 PM

Rangers have a shared title with Dumbarton, that they count as a full title!

And Dumbarton had a better goal difference. They have another title which they count when they were also joint top and also had a worse goal difference. Goal difference wasn't use at that time to differentiate between teams level on points. Celtic will be fully deserving winners this year if it's not completed.

Champion The Wonder Horse