Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Frank Lampards Derby County fully deserved that win.  Harry Wilson is some player!

Milltown Row2

That's the best result for Utd, Jose will be out by Xmas at this rate, I think he'll walk rather than be pushed.. those set of players should take a good look at themselves tonight and be very embarrassed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Just saw the result... What a time to be an ABU!!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gawa316

Jones and Bailly will be happy with the vote of confidence

NAG1

Bad night at the office last night, its back to same problem that has haunted the team even before JM's time.

Hvaing the game in total control go a goal up and create several chances dont take them and end up paying the penalty.

Derby played well and it was a very open flowing game, credit to them as they played and attacked fluidly.

There are issues which are obvious to everyone, however giving PP the armband was a calculated risk by the manager. One I would have backed him on, he came back from the WC looking a more mature player a team player. So the timing was right for the manager to say to him here you go, go and do it for the club. But he has fallen back into his old habits at the club, turning in inconsistent performances and going against what the manager is explicitly asking from him. So JM probably sees it as having no other option when he contradiciting his plans for the team.

Power struggle and one that a manager rarely wins at this level. Different if all the players are rallying around the manager and bailing him out but a good majority of the squad seem to be disilusioned with JM as well.

Time will tell.

snoopdog

Lukaku missed 3 glorious chances. No surprise there though. Its the norm for that lad. Seriously overrated.

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2018, 10:12:27 PM
That's the best result for Utd, Jose will be out by Xmas at this rate, I think he'll walk rather than be pushed.. those set of players should take a good look at themselves tonight and be very embarrassed

Not a chance will he walk. Never done it in his previous jobs and he is unlikely to just waive his right to a £10-15m payoff. That is one area I wouldn't actually blame him on.

He deserves a large portion of the blame though since a lot of these players are under performing and he bought a good few of them. Morale seems to be at an all time low and there is a growing apathy among the supporters as to what is happening within the club. Meanwhile Woodward is doing a great job as far as the Glazers are concerned as the dollars continue to roll in. Even though he appointed the last 3 managers none of whom have lived up to expectations. At what point does he begin to get questioned or will he simply whip out the cheque book again and sign another player who will sell loads of jerseys in order to appease the fans once more.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: yellowcard on September 26, 2018, 10:58:57 AM

Not a chance will he walk. Never done it in his previous jobs and he is unlikely to just waive his right to a £10-15m payoff. That is one area I wouldn't actually blame him on.

He deserves a large portion of the blame though since a lot of these players are under performing and he bought a good few of them. Morale seems to be at an all time low and there is a growing apathy among the supporters as to what is happening within the club. Meanwhile Woodward is doing a great job as far as the Glazers are concerned as the dollars continue to roll in. Even though he appointed the last 3 managers none of whom have lived up to expectations. At what point does he begin to get questioned or will he simply whip out the cheque book again and sign another player who will sell loads of jerseys in order to appease the fans once more.

Wasn't Moyes Fergie's parting gift??

yellowcard

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 26, 2018, 11:12:57 AM

Probably but the point still remains the same. Woodward measures success in terms of the share price, that is his remit.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: yellowcard on September 26, 2018, 11:26:47 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 26, 2018, 11:12:57 AM

Probably but the point still remains the same. Woodward measures success in terms of the share price, that is his remit.

Exactly and until someon comes to reinforce that this is a football club and no-one cares about app sales then this will go on and on.

magpie seanie

When Mourinho made Pogba captain I was very critical of the decision here. I was lambasted for saying it. I guess I'm being proven correct.

When Mourinho was being spoken about for the job I said it would be a disaster and he should not be allowed to set foot inside the place. I've been consistent on that and usually get lambased by many people here. I will/am being proven correct on that one also.

Loyalty is an admirable thing but Mourinho is not a Manchester United person....he's a cuckoo stealing a nest. He has no place at this club.

The sooner he's gone the better and we can get Manchester United back, for good or for bad.

Boycey

The lambasting is mostly in your head Seanie, just accept other people sometimes have different opinions.

For me, I don't like Mourinho, never have but hes a top manager andI think he's about mid way in the list of culpable people for the current situation that United are in and I especially think that 'killing' Mourinho isn't the silver bullet that will cure all United's woes.

He is however probably a lameduck manager at this stage, much like Pellegrino was in his last season at City, Woodward has made sure of that but such is the way at United he'll probably be left in place until it's econically viable to sack him. Recent years have shown that United don't need success on the field to make shedloads of money

thewobbler

I've mentioned this a few times on here but Woodward has in the past five years:

- appointed two of the most successful and influential coaches in European football history.
- given them each a high 9-figure war chest for transfers.
- allowed them both to decimate the wage ceilings of before.

In terms of allowing a football team every advantage necessary, hehas fulfilled his end of the bargain, and then some more. He has appointed high-level expertise to run footballing matters.

His responsibilities therefore lie elsewhere in terms of income generation. Blaming him for United's malaise is like blaming the Queen for a military operation failing. Is this that hard to comprehend?