Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2017, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2017, 05:20:18 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2017, 03:14:31 PM
Seems no length since the 50th and the 60th is next year. Bobby Charlton still going strong fair play to him.
and Trump has a Bobby Charlton

Sorry seafoid, you've lost me there. Please explain?
Combover?

GJL

The Mondeo in cruise control today.  8)

yellowcard

Routine win today and edging towards the fringes of top 4 now. Second spot is a straight fight between 5 clubs now and it's anyone's guess which 3 fill the CL spots. Good to see Martial back in the side and on the scoresheet.

StGallsGAA

Can't see United finishing ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal. 

magpie seanie

Hope Martial can kick on from here and really hit form for the last third of the season. Nice to have a reasonably comfortable win when Ibrahimovic was having one of his off days. Thought Pogba was really good.....there's no need to play Carrick in these home games where teams are going to sit back. Having Bailly back is also a part of that....I'm a lot more confident of the back 4 when he's there. Left back continues to be a problem and Valencia's sensational season only underlines it. What a player he is.

Four cup games in a row now and no league game until March 4th so United will have to wait to move up the table. It has tightened up well though so a good chance at making top 4. I would put Liverpool favourites for 2nd due to them having all their players back fit and no other game to play bar the league. There's little to choose amongst the rest but I'm hopeful, even with all the games coming, that United can get into the Champions League places.

Maroon Manc

Quiet on here so we must have won

Agree with all of that Seanie, just worried about the amount of games we'll have. Mourinho has said that training won't be as intensive due to this already.

I stated a while ago that Carrick didn't need to play in games against teams outside of the top 6 at OT and even in games away from OT against teams that are just going to sit. Left back worries me, Rojo will probably get a run once he's back from injury.

magpie seanie

Yes, you did say that about Carrick and it's correct. The number of games will cause problems but I think the squad is big enough to get through it - certainly it should be. Need to avoid injuries though. We'll know a lot more by St Patricks Day, that's for sure.

NAG1

Dont think the games are a major problem, squad is big enough. I would be hoping that they hit a run of form and that the momentum can help them across all the competitions.

Need someone to hit a run of goals as well, Martial should be in high confidence now so hopefully he can pitch in with a few goals between now and then end of the season.

Boycey

Helix

Soft free for the goal. We'll take it anyways!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Boycey

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2017, 08:07:47 PM
The aul BT Sport Hd is some job...

Pity they ruin it by having Robbie Savage on though..

Cunny Funt

Bailly is like bambi on ice tonight.  The United goal lucky and their goal mouth is living a charmed life.

Milltown Row2

3 nil a great result.... handy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 12, 2017, 03:57:07 PM
Can't see United finishing ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.
It will be very interesting to see how the Arsenal squad responds to the Munich result. If they could play to their potential they will still have a big say in the league and cup.
The St Ethienne result will give Mourhino a little respite for some players
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Maroon Manc

Good result but didn't deserve to win 3-0 with that performance. It was certainly Bailly's worst game of the season but wasn't helped by the lack of organisation in front of him. Change of formation didn't help and bringing on Lingard at HT helped despite him not doing much. He should be able to rest several players for the game next Wednesday ahead of the cup final.