Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2017, 03:14:22 PM
Speaking of that, he doesn't look well. Mourinho I mean. His new haircut or something doesn't suit him. I thought he looked ill when I saw him the other night. I get the feeling he's not really enjoying football that much any more.

I personally think he underestimated the job and is struggling with it. He doesn't look a happy man right enough.

yellowcard

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2017, 03:14:22 PM
Speaking of that, he doesn't look well. Mourinho I mean. His new haircut or something doesn't suit him. I thought he looked ill when I saw him the other night. I get the feeling he's not really enjoying football that much any more.

I personally think he underestimated the job and is struggling with it. He doesn't look a happy man right enough.

To me he hasn't looked right since he returned back to England second time around, he just looks mentally drained and full of negative energy. The way it ended at Real Madrid has affected him imo. I remember him calling himself the happy one when he came back, when he has looked anything but happy.

Fuzzman

Yeah I thought he looks under huge pressure and thinks the world is against him in most of his interviews.

I'd say he's finding it tough that his old club are doing so well without him and it makes it look like he was the problem for them last year. Utd have gone under a lot of change since Fergie left with only De Gea and Zlatan really showing consistent form all year with Pogba, Rooney and Martial all struggling to put a good run of games together.
With Spurs, Liverpool and Man City all with top managers now I think the pressure if telling on Hose A as he doesn't like having to settle for 2nd best.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 02, 2017, 04:33:35 PM
Yeah I thought he looks under huge pressure and thinks the world is against him in most of his interviews.

I'd say he's finding it tough that his old club are doing so well without him and it makes it look like he was the problem for them last year. Utd have gone under a lot of change since Fergie left with only De Gea and Zlatan really showing consistent form all year with Pogba, Rooney and Martial all struggling to put a good run of games together.
With Spurs, Liverpool and Man City all with top managers now I think the pressure if telling on Hose A as he doesn't like having to settle for 2nd best.
He doesn't have any new ideas

Maroon Manc

Mourinho's wife had a couple of operations although not sure on the severity of it and his dad has been seriously ill for a while now, who knows how this has affected him.

seafoid

Ibrahimovic has been.involved in over 50% of Man Utd's goals
The club is overly dependent on one player.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2017, 08:46:56 AM

Great, that's why you buy a striker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2017, 09:41:20 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2017, 08:46:56 AM

Great, that's why you buy a striker
And if he gets injured? Novenas

Boycey

Let's start the misery early today Leicester 2 United 0

Mourinho out...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on February 05, 2017, 10:47:37 AM
Let's start the misery early today Leicester 2 United 0

Mourinho out...

Could be an open game with plenty goals....fancy Leicester though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

That sort of result has been coming for a while. Good to see the goals flowing. Time to gain a place or 2 on the table now though. Sick of 6th.

magpie seanie

Didn't see a lot of it today due to a few unforeseen events but a good result and performance by all accounts. Leicester are in big trouble though and (maybe I'm being greedy) there should have been a few more goals in it in the end.

Did he change the formation and put Rashford up top with Ibrahimovic? That's a welcome development in my eyes.

As for moving up from 6th - next weekend might be a good chance unless Liverpool overturn their dismal recent form and beat Spurs.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2017, 09:35:24 PM
Didn't see a lot of it today due to a few unforeseen events but a good result and performance by all accounts. Leicester are in big trouble though and (maybe I'm being greedy) there should have been a few more goals in it in the end.

Did he change the formation and put Rashford up top with Ibrahimovic? That's a welcome development in my eyes.

As for moving up from 6th - next weekend might be a good chance unless Liverpool overturn their dismal recent form and beat Spurs.

United only really took control of the game when they switched back to 4-2-3-1 with Ibra up front and Rashford on the wing. Can't see that experiment being repeated.

magpie seanie

NAG1

Leicester were absolute and utter tripe, for the first 15/20mns the game was completely littered with mistakes by both sides, its hard to remember a worse opening to a game by both sides in a long while.

Its true once United went back to playing Rashford on the left it actually changed the game and allowed the MF to get on the ball more.

Miki took his goal really well and after the Leicester just imploded so it was a strange enough game with no real threat coming from them.

The team is totally crying out for a LB/ Wing Back. Think Rojo has improved massively as a CB but he doesnt give you that push on the wing that is required to balance the team. Every time an attack comes down the left, the ball goes inside and then it is a diagonal across to Valencia, really unbalanced. It is fortunate at the minute that Valencia is in beast mode and playing really well.

Hard game to read really, but but hopefully the confidence will go up and the goals will start to flow a bit more.

PS Mata's stats must be ridiculous.