Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 09:25:54 PM
Ffs, the one he cracked him before the right to the head was square on the belt. Low blow my f**king hole. Pack of whingy b**tards. The gift posted above on the Twitter link similarly isn't a low blow.

LOL I love you to talk us thru that one  ::)

BennyHarp

Ward was getting on top without a doubt in that fight. Kovalev knew it too and was whinging about low blows which weren't even low at times. Ward breaks down his opponents in a near surgical way - look at the Carl Froch fight for a classic example. For me, Kovalev had done well early on but just like in the first fight, as they approached the championship rounds, Ward was beginning to get the better of him. I've always been a huge Ward fan, I'd love to see him move to cruiserweight but talk of Joshua is a bit mental.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 09:31:08 PM
Ffs, the one he cracked him before the right to the head was square on the belt. Low blow my f**king hole. Pack of whingy b**tards. The gift posted above on the Twitter link similarly isn't a low blow.

I'm not sure if you've ever studied anatomy or not, but my dick isn't growing out of my stomach. The punch is half on the belt ffs.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

I'm not sure if you've ever studied anatomy or not, but my dick isn't growing out of my stomach. The punch is half on the belt ffs.

Your deluded when there is video evidence right in fornt of you.

He hit the B on his shorts FFS any lower and he would have been hitting fresh air.

Ward is a dirty bastard and shite to watch too boot. I think a lot of people can't see past his Olympic gold.

gallsman

If the B on Kovalev's shorts is where your dick is, I suggest you go and see your doctor pretty quickly.

Milltown Row2

Didn't see all of Barnes fight but he struggled throughout !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 10:44:08 PM
If the B on Kovalev's shorts is where your dick is, I suggest you go and see your doctor pretty quickly.

You are quite knowlegable about boxing and I read your posts with interest on this thread, but on this your reverting to talking the complete shite you do on other threads, whatever lovein you have for Ward is just weird.

That punch was as clear on the crown jewels as you can get the video says it all. nuff said

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 10:44:08 PM

You are quite knowlegable about boxing and I read your posts with interest on this thread, but on this your reverting to talking the complete shite you do on other threads, whatever lovein you have for Ward is just weird.

That punch was as clear on the crown jewels as you can get the video says it all. nuff said

No it isn't ffs!

JimStynes

If anything the ref did Kovalev a favour as he was done at that stage. I think the punch count was about 20 punches to 2 in that last bit of the fight. Ward is a winner and does whatever he needs to do to get the job done, just like a lot of the best fighters do. The dark arts is all part of it. Your hatred of Ward is blinding you to how good he is.

Anyway, I don't really care that much to argue about it on a forum.

Paddy Barnes wasn't great in his fight. Too old and not suited to the pro game.

omaghjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on June 18, 2017, 11:18:44 PM
If anything the ref did Kovalev a favour as he was done at that stage. I think the punch count was about 20 punches to 2 in that last bit of the fight. Ward is a winner and does whatever he needs to do to get the job done, just like a lot of the best fighters do. The dark arts is all part of it. Your hatred of Ward is blinding you to how good he is.

Anyway, I don't really care that much to argue about it on a forum.

Paddy Barnes wasn't great in his fight. Too old and not suited to the pro game.

If not then why bother even replying?

I hate Ward cos hes shite to watch and a slabber, a sneaky dishonest crappy boxer. I dislike Mayweather for the same reasons but he at least a great fighter. 

Ward was getting beat, he starting punching his opponent in the balls, changed the fight around, so he kept doing it and got away with it until he KOd his man with an oustanding 3 ball combo. He should have no bother beating Anthony Joshua or anyone else with the same tactics.

Rigo fight declared no contest for an after the bell KO.....Tony Weeks admitted his mistake......

gallsman

Ward is now a "crappy boxer". f**k, you're some eejit.

bennydorano

I assumed it was a time out break tbh when the fight was stopped because of the low digs, while Kovalev was getting it tough that round for sure I certainly didn't think he was done. Kovalev was pushing his luck with the constant yapping which was undoubtedly a tactic to put pressure on the ref, but in the end it backfired spectacularly.

nrico2006

The B on Kovalev's shorts is definitely low.  Disgrace that Ward was allowed to get away with this more than a couple of times and the finish was a disgrace.  Ward is very hard to like and his fighting style is as entertaining as watching Stoke City.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 10:37:29 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

Your deluded when there is video evidence right in fornt of you.

He hit the B on his shorts FFS any lower and he would have been hitting fresh air.

Ward is a dirty b**tard and shite to watch too boot. I think a lot of people can't see past his Olympic gold.

I had no real opinion on Ward until this fight and for people to say he did not hit his man low is a disgrace, he is a dirty bastard based on.......... I dont know, the evidence!

He is good enough to not need to do this shit but I am looking forward to him getting his arse handed to him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 19, 2017, 08:45:54 AM
The B on Kovalev's shorts is definitely low.  Disgrace that Ward was allowed to get away with this more than a couple of times and the finish was a disgrace.  Ward is very hard to like and his fighting style is as entertaining as watching Stoke City.
Exactly. Doesn't have to be actually on the groin to be low. The last 3 punches were in the low region. 3rd last was low, 2nd last was on the belt line (so fine), last was low. Quite ridiculous that the ref didn't see it.

Would have been a very exciting end to the fight if the ref hadn't made such a balls of it. While Ward was clearly getting on top, a 1 point deduction and a 5 minute rest could have put things back in the melting pot. As we saw with Joshua and Kiltschko, if the ref doesn't jump the gun, top class fighters can make recoveries.