Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

What sort of team will Utd put out on Wed night ? Evens looks gernerous
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Don't expect that United will be too adventurous given they are as good as through.

Liverpool shot the load too early again I see, much like the usual suspects on the board... ;D

Targetman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2017, 10:02:14 PM
Yep definitely gonna have a slice of that, surely they'll beat Basel?

magpie seanie

Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho puts out a strong team and then starts moaning about fixture congestion in January.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Targetman on November 21, 2017, 10:56:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2017, 10:02:14 PM
Yep definitely gonna have a slice of that, surely they'll beat Basel?

I've had more success with picking both teams to score lately, or over 2.5 goals.. seems a better bet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

United have a big enough squad and players coming back from injury to put out a strong team regardless of maybe wanting to rest a couple. I wouldn't mind seeing McTominey and Axel get a bit of game time.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 11:01:48 AM
United have a big enough squad and players coming back from injury to put out a strong team regardless of maybe wanting to rest a couple. I wouldn't mind seeing McTominey and Axel get a bit of game time.

I can see Young & Valenica being rested but thats about it although Matic has played a lot for United I think he stayed in Manchester during the international break, I'm sure he'll be rested for the next round of the league cup and the final CL game.

Other than them nobody else needs to be rested, Rashford & Martial don't complete the 90 mins too often.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 22, 2017, 11:22:43 AM

I can see Young & Valenica being rested but thats about it although Matic has played a lot for United I think he stayed in Manchester during the international break, I'm sure he'll be rested for the next round of the league cup and the final CL game.

Other than them nobody else needs to be rested, Rashford & Martial don't complete the 90 mins too often.

Young, Valencia and Mata haven't travelled I've just read along with Bailly, Jones and Carrick who are injured..

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on November 22, 2017, 12:22:24 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 22, 2017, 11:22:43 AM

Young, Valencia and Mata haven't travelled I've just read along with Bailly, Jones and Carrick who are injured..

There you go, knew the last 3 were injured but so must Mata. Doesn't say much about Blind, Shaw & Darmian when their all behind a a 32 year old winger in the pecking order.

I'm hoping United go after Rose in January.

magpie seanie

Young deserves credit though. He has shown great professionalism and hunger for the game in marked contrast to some others throughout the game.

magpie seanie

Common sense team selection. May make for a difficult night though.

Boycey

Brought that on themselves.. Still long odds on to win group and only a 5-0 reverse at home to Moscow combined with Basel winning in Benfica would stop United qualifying.

BT reckon it'd take a seven goal defeat for United not to go through..

StGallsGAA

What was that second half about? Was Jose's HT teamtalk? 'Rest yourselves there lads I don't want to see as much effort as in the first half!'?

Cunny Funt

1st half was good from United probably deserved to lead 2 or 3-0. 2nd half Basel the better team and deserved a goal but that game would have finished 0-0 if Daley Blind wasn't sleeping on the back post on that late goal.

Carmen Stateside