The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Olding's QC makes a very interesting point. . . the police totally fudged this whole thing from the start!!.

Asal Mor

Quote from: screenexile on March 21, 2018, 12:43:30 PM
Olding's QC makes a very interesting point. . . the police totally fudged this whole thing from the start!!.
Absolutely. The part about the girl only mentioning Dara Florence after the interview and not being brought straight back in to be interviewed about that could have been enough on it's own to have the case thrown out. When you see the tiny technicalities that other charges are dropped over, I'm surprised it hasn't been.

AQMP

Quote from: screenexile on March 21, 2018, 12:43:30 PM

He has a point.  The Keystone Cops PSNI don't come out of his well.

O'Donoghue describes Olding as "a reliable historian, despite the alcohol intake" ???

Avondhu star

Quote from: Orior on March 21, 2018, 09:28:42 AM
Is it true that the taxi driver saw blood on the girls trousers?

Is it true that there are two 'lads' clubs in Ulster Rugby who race each other for the most conquests?

Is it true that a rugby loving policeman tipped off the Ulster Rugby management , giving Jackson and co time to wipe their phones and destroy their clothing?
Is it true that you are a gobshite?  YES
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 21, 2018, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 21, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
I think that was Seanie's point lads.
There is a double standard though. Numerous rumours have been posted on this thread about Jackson's womanising ways and the regular goings on at his house. If for example,  someone posted a rumour they'd  heard that the girl was mad for it but inclined to be remorseful about it in the morning, they'd be absolutely set upon.

It is a double standard, I was asked to take down a post, which I had no hesitation in doing but the defendants are fair game it seems.
#newbridgeornowhere

gallsman

"Defendants are fair game"

He's ripping the piss out of you.

Hound

Impressive closing by Olding's counsel. His case by far the easiest to conclude on.

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on March 21, 2018, 01:11:05 PM
"Defendants are fair game"

He's ripping the piss out of you.
There have been lots of rumours posted about the defendants and they do seem to be fair game. No one called for any of them to be deleted.

AZOffaly

What rumours? I think someone did get pulled up on a rumour about them having 'previous'. I'm the one who asked Dinny to take down the post he had up, although actually I think I said something like 'Are you sure about that, if not maybe you should take it down...'

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 21, 2018, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2018, 11:27:30 AM
the old, hide the handbag in the bed room routine, I still try that but the wife is getting worried that I'll be trying on her dresses next

Nearly as bad as my dad's old, 'off to get the milk and papers' Sunday morning routine, you don't usually see him then until 1800 or shortly after, paperless and seems to have drank everything but the milk  ;)

The best laugh I have had on here for a long time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 21, 2018, 01:37:07 PM
What rumours? I think someone did get pulled up on a rumour about them having 'previous'. I'm the one who asked Dinny to take down the post he had up, although actually I think I said something like 'Are you sure about that, if not maybe you should take it down...'
There was a lot more than one rumour about the men's previous, about their reputation within Ulster Rugby circles, about conquest competitions, about PJs house being known as a knocking shop etc. Not to mention him being flat out called a rapist regularly on the thread without anyone suggesting it be deleted. This isn't aimed at you AZ. I think you were doing Dinny a favour knowing the culture.

screenexile

As expected the closing arguments tearing the girl to shreds.

If Dara Florence has said she didn't think she witnessed a rape then how can you convict lads beyond reasonable doubt??

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on March 21, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

If Dara Florence has said she didn't think she witnessed a rape then how can you convict lads beyond reasonable doubt??

You can't.

seafoid

She's never seen a rape. She never saw a threesome even. She's not what could be called an expert.
And she only had a gawk for less than a minute.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

I suppose the question DF has to answer then is "What does a rape look like?"

Also if you accept her evidence as gospel then Jackson is lying about the nature of his engagement with the complainant.