Kilkenny

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: stew on June 11, 2017, 10:17:04 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on June 11, 2017, 12:09:40 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2017, 10:05:00 PM
couldn't believe how bad Richie Hogan was. He is usually the heartbeat of that team

It's been a good two years since Hogan was anywhere near being the heartbeat of the Kilkenny team. He's been less than useless since 2015.

What surprised me was how weak Kilkenny are physically. They got bullied tonight. Cody's teams were always so strong that Kilkenny fans relished a team going physical against them. Tonight, a good few times during the league and in the All Ireland last year Kilkenny were made to look like little boys trying to be men.

Great to see the hoors struggle, their fans in the states were a shower of entitled arrogant hoors.
They had to widen the dressing room doors in Croke Park to cater for the big heads of the one hit wonders from Armagh
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

manfromdelmonte

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/power-stemcell-treatment-is-my-last-hurrah-35823585.html

the 'power hurling' approach under Cody has clearly taken a toll on a lot of lad's bodies

Avondhu star

Kilkenny are suffering from the same problem Kerry had after 86. They didn't introduce new blood too often during the successful years and lads on the extended panellist lost the edge. Walter Walsh Liam Blanchfield and a few others got chances
It is very understandable of course because you would want to be very good to displace Tyrell Delaney Hogan etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 11:08:12 AM
Kilkenny are suffering from the same problem Kerry had after 86. They didn't introduce new blood too often during the successful years and lads on the extended panellist lost the edge. Walter Walsh Liam Blanchfield and a few others got chances
It is very understandable of course because you would want to be very good to displace Tyrell Delaney Hogan etc.

Surely that's what the Walsh cup is for and 30 mins in the odd home league match? Blooding players in the heat of championship isnt the place, maybe with 15 minutes to go should you be winning by a few... Kilkenny as you say have come to the point most successful teams come to, redevelopment and transition.... Might take 5/6 years, might take 2, one thing is for sure they will be back, as they have always done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

In soccer there was Fergie time. Cody time is probably up. It is impossible to have continuity after a superstar team.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2017, 04:44:08 PM

Surely that's what the Walsh cup is for and 30 mins in the odd home league match? Blooding players in the heat of championship isnt the place, maybe with 15 minutes to go should you be winning by a few... Kilkenny as you say have come to the point most successful teams come to, redevelopment and transition.... Might take 5/6 years, might take 2, one thing is for sure they will be back, as they have always done

You might get away with running in a few in the Walsh Cup but the league is so tight now you couldnt risk losing a game because of fielding an understrenght team.  Of course they will be back. Theres no such thing as a bad Kilkenny team

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2017, 05:09:07 PM
In soccer there was Fergie time. Cody time is probably up. It is impossible to have continuity after a superstar team.
I would say that this year will finish him however it ends up. He has had a few health scares as well

Kilkevan

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2017, 04:44:08 PM

You might get away with running in a few in the Walsh Cup but the league is so tight now you couldnt risk losing a game because of fielding an understrenght team.  Of course they will be back. Theres no such thing as a bad Kilkenny team

I would say the best place for a team in transition is 1B. The top division is just too competitive for a team trying to bring players through. In 1B you need to be at your best in two games and in the others you can give experience to young lads without the fear of them taking a beating and having their confidence wrecked. Then you still have an opportunity to play the best teams in the knockout rounds. I honestly thought it would have done no harm to Kilkenny to go down this season and I think it would serve them next year if it happened. It would also be a far more comfortable environment for a new manager to come in.

seafoid

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 14, 2017, 08:59:16 PM
I would say that this year will finish him however it ends up. He has had a few health scares as well
the greatest hurling manager ever.
All the journalists are afraid to ask him hurling questions. He knows everything

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2017, 09:32:19 PM
All the journalists are afraid to ask him hurling questions. He knows everything

His record speaks for itself ! His club career alone he's more than Galway has amassed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2017, 10:52:13 PM

His record speaks for itself ! His club career alone he's more than Galway has amassed

??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mouview on June 16, 2017, 02:59:54 PM

??

I'm replying to Seafoid, I'm assuming he's giving off about Cody and his ability as a coach, Cody as a player managed to achieve 3 all Irelands as a player and 2 as a player for his club, not to mention his exploits as a manager.. Seafoids distain for Kilkenny and Cody is down to the fact that Galway (a team Ive always wanted to do well) have come up short on most occasions to The Cats... It's like people hatred of Ferguson at Utd and his success, childish

His record speakes for it's self.

Ive never known a journalist to be afraid to ask him hurling questions, for years he kept the gates open at Nowlan Park for training sessions... his tactic was simple back then, Cody has come up short recently because the personnell isnt the same, and playing players out of position is filling in cracks.. could be a while before they get to that standard (if ever) again

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2017, 03:40:14 PM

??

I'm replying to Seafoid, I'm assuming he's giving off about Cody and his ability as a coach, Cody as a player managed to achieve 3 all Irelands as a player and 2 as a player for his club, not to mention his exploits as a manager.. Seafoids distain for Kilkenny and Cody is down to the fact that Galway (a team Ive always wanted to do well) have come up short on most occasions to The Cats... It's like people hatred of Ferguson at Utd and his success, childish

Ive never known a journalist to be afraid to ask him hurling questions, for years he kept the gates open at Nowlan Park for training sessions... his tactic was simple back then, Cody has come up short recently because the personnell isnt the same, and playing players out of position is filling in cracks.. could be a while before they get to that standard (if ever) again

One of thé Irish Times journaliste admitted Codys hurling knowledge intimidated them. He is also à master of passive aggressive. Isnt that right Marty?

Milltown Row2

But you are in agreement he's the best manager of the modern times? Regardless of his closed interviews he's always had a knack for winning

Kilkevan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2017, 03:40:14 PM

??

This.

And I'm also someone who has always had a soft spot for Galway.