TV problems

Started by Milltown Row2, December 26, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well it's more like a aerial problem, I've ports in each room for connect leads to the the tellys for the kids room, now they never used them as much as they would have thrown on dvd's instead but my problem is I cant seem to get a signal when I put it to auto tuning.

Now i have connected the leads to the port and back of TV and nothing, I've also a "TVLink" box up in the roof space which seems to be linked to all the connectors and the lead goes out the wall and I think it must be linked to the aerial outside turned it on, nothing!!, now with all the digital stuff going on I don't know whether it matters (clueless) on this.

Anyone know what to do?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Were these TVs working?
Connect the aerial straight through to one of the leads (you might need a little adapter for this), if that set then works your distribution box is the problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 26, 2013, 08:36:36 PM
Were these TVs working?
Connect the aerial straight through to one of the leads (you might need a little adapter for this), if that set then works your distribution box is the problem.

TV is working fine just can't get any channels, should I bring it down to living room and plug it there to get signals set up? Jordanstown was/is always bad for signals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2013, 10:16:48 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The heap, was wondering  most tvs now have the freeview built in we could never connect here and only had decent pictures through the sky box

armaghniac

QuoteThe heap, was wondering  most tvs now have the freeview built in we could never connect here and only had decent pictures through the sky box

When did you last have pictures from this aerial?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 26, 2013, 10:35:07 PM
QuoteThe heap, was wondering  most tvs now have the freeview built in we could never connect here and only had decent pictures through the sky box

When did you last have pictures from this aerial?

Before it went to digital, one of the other tv's connected up well enough, poor pictures but worked, but as Ive said never the kids have never asked for the tv to be tuned as they only used it for DVD's

Tony Baloney

Fionn and Ulick know about this shit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2013, 10:39:38 PM

Aye they usually have it sorted. Was never great with connecting up this stuff

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2013, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2013, 10:39:38 PM

Aye they usually have it sorted. Was never great with connecting up this stuff
Wouldn't be the best myself so the above post will be my contribution to the thread  ;)

armaghniac

QuoteBefore it went to digital, one of the other tv's connected up well enough, poor pictures but worked, but as Ive said never the kids have never asked for the tv to be tuned as they only used it for DVD's

1. does the TV actually do digital?
2. is it the digital you are scanning, or the old Analogue?

On balance even a snowy analogue signal can provide stable digital, but only on a TV with a digital tuner!

Milltown Row2

Product summary

Ideal for the bedroom or kitchen, this white design 22" Alba 1080p Full HD LED TV/DVD provides fantastic definition with DVD and Freeview functions. The DVD player is built into the side to keep the TV as slim as possible whilst the Freeview tuner lets you access a wide range of channels.

Milltown Row2

Ok so I've some more information on this, it seems that the aerial is an RTE one which was fine before digital as it would have got signals for BBC and the rest, we are also linked to Carmoney relay station which is crap in fairness, it doesn't pick up pictures although it picks up sounds!!! so the RTE channels radio and tv work (bar the pictures) so options are to buy a digital aerial and relay the leads back into the tvlink box.

How much for a Digital aerial? seen ones in Argos for 50 quid but they are bound to be cheaper at some trade place

armaghniac

It seems odd to me that you are not getting some sign of the NI signals, even if they broke up when watching them. There is no such thing as a digital aerial, the channels used were pretty much the same before and after the changeover, so what worked before should have worked after.

If your TV allows some sort of manual scan then scan channels 40,43,46, 48 for Carnmoney
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=IJ336829

The best guide to aerials  is what the neighbours are using, but this would be Group B yellow tip aerial.

The Raven

Bought samsung tv 100hz. Shop told me I needed 100hz hdmi cable for sky hd box as the sky hdmi cable is only 50hz, shop was asking £39.99 for cable. Can anyone confirm if this is true or just sales bulls**t