Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Will someone point out where I have mocked anyone's death (and that by the way includes political hate figures)? The sort of humorous linkages I make about celebrity deaths are I think,things you might hear at their wake (if they were ordinary people),and might even give them a laugh themselves.I do not wish or take any pleasure regarding the death of any human,famous or not.

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on December 14, 2017, 05:48:13 AM
https://youtu.be/6RTJ4vHoYUs

Unlikely he would done that skit in the days after Bloody Sunday. Do one about the recent Tower Block fire to you see the reaction. If Fearon is determined to make jokes about deaths of people who die from cancer etc  so the attention will go back on him not much we can do about it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 13, 2017, 06:12:24 PM
Was Denis Law saying he was surprised George Best turned up at his own funeral offensive?.I'm sure Max will be happy to be remembered as the King of Spin or Keith Chegwin glad that his own long career is remembered  .

World of difference between expressing joy at someone's demise.

Denis Law was his mate, you didnt know any of the celebs you have made jokes about, nor do you make jokes about them when they are alive, wait till they are dead and then you have fun
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Cecil Parkinson's daughter Mary.
Really tragic family between her and Flora the handicapped daughter of his affair with Sara Keays

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/daddys-girl-tragedy-cecil-parkinsons-daughter-mary/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2017, 09:10:48 AM
Was Denis Law saying he was surprised George Best turned up at his own funeral offensive?.I'm sure Max will be happy to be remembered as the King of Spin or Keith Chegwin glad that his own long career is remembered  .

Denis Law was his mate, you didnt know any of the celebs you have made jokes about, nor do you make jokes about them when they are alive, wait till they are dead and then you have fun.

Oh right so it's okay to joke about your mates' deaths? 😮😮.

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on December 14, 2017, 09:21:40 AM
Cecil Parkinson's daughter Mary.
Really tragic family between her and Flora the handicapped daughter of his affair with Sara Keays

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/daddys-girl-tragedy-cecil-parkinsons-daughter-mary/

Tony - any joke come to mind?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 09:50:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2017, 09:10:48 AM

Denis Law was his mate, you didnt know any of the celebs you have made jokes about, nor do you make jokes about them when they are alive, wait till they are dead and then you have fun.

Oh right so it's okay to joke about your mates' deaths? 😮😮.

We make jokes about our friends because we know them very well, we've built a bond/friendship over many years and would personally know the family well, there are inappropriate jokes (yours) and jokes which in times of heartache can actually lift the gloom, friends can do that.. Thats the difference Tony, now you seem intelligent so I'm going to put it down to your shit filter that you apply to things...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on December 13, 2017, 09:04:37 PM
Benjamin Massing – Ex-Cameroonian defender who committed probably one of the most iconic/infamous/best/worst tackles of all time - 1990 World Cup v Argentina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRlJJbtdHc

cant open this in work, was it on Cannigia?

T Fearon

Mixed messages here. Lambasted for light hearted humour drawing on an important part of a celebrity's life,but it is ok to glorify the deaths of the likes of Margaret Thatcher,or make a joke about a person if they were known to you? Does not make sense to me.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on December 14, 2017, 11:16:41 AM
Mixed messages here. Lambasted for light hearted humour drawing on an important part of a celebrity's life,but it is ok to glorify the deaths of the likes of Margaret Thatcher,or make a joke about a person if they were known to you? Does not make sense to me.

Problem is you want this thread, like other threads, to be about you... and to be fair you're succeeding in doing that.

Milltown Row2

Most things dont make sense to you, you logic is strange

seafoid

Margaret Thatcher broke the lives of many people and laid dynamite under the UK economy.
The more you visit this thread the more you appear to be Alan Partridge.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

So it is ok to mock the dead and far worse,glorify their deaths as long as you perceive them to be Thatcherlike.Max Clifford was a sexual predator who spun horrific stories and people? Is it not okay to mock his death then? In short is mocking death (which I stress I don't do) right or wrong or does it depend on your perception of the deceased

quit yo jibbajabba

Tony the sooner you agree youre an arsehole the sooner we can move on from all this;

oh, and happy Christmas

;D