Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 12:12:42 PM
Mac 23 you will see in my first post that i said i had never heard anyone previously say he was a poor ref, which implies he is a good one. For the record i didnt know he was the ref on sat but now i do is it fair to ask him as you say did he genuinely not see 3 deliberate strikes & a hurl been thrown in the air in an attempt to block the ball???
If he says he didnt see those incidents then i have to take his word for it & let the matter rest. However if he didnt see these incidents it only completely backs up my previous comments that he should not ref any further cship games this year as unfortunately he simply isnt up to it

Auld stock, think you are out of line here.

I think Cushendall players and management are big enough and old enough now to take those incidents on the chin and walk away with a 25+ victory.

This is supposed to senior championship hurling and you are gurning over a few incidents in a dead rubber match, any of the lads hurt? Unable to take part in the rest of the championship?

Any referee or linesman that sees a deliberate stick with a hurl on an opponent and its going to result in a red card. Obviously in this case that didnt happen so I am going to take it that none of the incidents you are reffering too were in this category. So I am happy to believe that these were missed instead of some mythical bias that you are trying to allude too.

Any way - semi final time - time to move on.

Milltown Row2

Mac 23 you will see in my first post that i said i had never heard anyone previously say he was a poor ref, which implies he is a good one. For the record i didnt know he was the ref on sat but now i do is it fair to ask him as you say did he genuinely not see 3 deliberate strikes & a hurl been thrown in the air in an attempt to block the ball???
If he says he didnt see those incidents then i have to take his word for it & let the matter rest. However if he didnt see these incidents it only completely backs up my previous comments that he should not ref any further cship games this year as unfortunately he simply isnt up to it

I'll humour you Auld Stock, the player sent off was gripping 2 visors off players at the side of the pitch near the supporters after I'd blown for a foul against the same Sarsfield player.. He'd have got a yellow for the first foul but lost the plot and he ended up doing what he did and that happens.
And a more experienced referee than me was doing the line where it happened, and he called it at the time also as spot on, but hey you know best

You'd mentioned the player throwing the stick in the air, I shouted to all involve play on, its called advantage and had he touched the ball I'd have naturally brought play back, (Cushendall won the ball, it was played forward resulting in a score) the Cushendall lads wanted him booked but you really need to learn the rules first on that one before mouthing off..

As for the other incident in the first half again funny enough near the supporters I spoke to the lines man as I didn't see it and asked him, maybe you didn't see me go over to him but I did ask.

There were other times that I noted players on both sides and booked a Cushendall man for hitting a player on the head with his stick, by your assessment he should have been sent off, or you didnt see it also as its been missed in your previous post.

The goal keeper threw his stick while trying to 'block' the scorer, I noted him and let him know what he did, again probably another incident that you missed, which begs the question, were you at the match?

This is Championship, whether you played or not in the past means nothing to me or any other ref, Sarsfield's went about their business and the referee dealt with all the players from both teams in the correct manner..

If a team is a 1000 points up it makes no difference a ref won't make it 'easier' for another team because of it, It has to be a foul for the ref to get involved. The team losing generally gives away the most fouls, that happened on Saturday. I was actually told by the Sarsfields players that I was 'sucking up' to the Cushendall team, the mind boggles

All referee's call it, as they see it and that's life, if you think you can do better then take it up. You calling me a cheat while hiding behind a keyboard is very brave of you, oh wait it's not brave at all, trolling most definitely
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

If you want to comment on referees & make a much more effective contribution, why not sign up with the county as a refereeing advisor & do it properly / fairly?

auld stock

Thanks for that MR2.  just couple points  i never mentioned you booking the cdall plauer because i believe you made the right call so why would i bring it up. Just for ref my understanding is that throwing a hurl is a yellow card offence??  I stand to be corrected no problem if its not.lastly where would i sign up to be a refereeing auditor??  I like the sound of that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 02:14:36 PM
Thanks for that MR2.  just couple points  i never mentioned you booking the cdall plauer because i believe you made the right call so why would i bring it up. Just for ref my understanding is that throwing a hurl is a yellow card offence??  I stand to be corrected no problem if its not.lastly where would i sign up to be a refereeing auditor??  I like the sound of that.

Its not a yellow card unless he throws it at the player while trying to hook him could be a note to, and if the ref thinks that he threw it where it could have injured a player (dangerous use of a hurl) it can be a red..

In the case on Saturday he didnt throw it either, he tossed it vertically up, no one other than himself he could have hurt, ironically had he hit himself I could have booked him for dangerous use of a hurl  :o

You can ask your club sec and they will let CCC know that your are interested, also reading the rules book would be a help before calling me a cheat or unable to ref games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

auld stock

Thanks again regarding the rules. Now that you have replied it will be easy for anyone who was at the game to read what you have written, marry that up with what they saw & make their own informed opinion.good luck in the final

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 02:14:36 PM

I don't think it's quite the job that you think it is....it's generally meant to be a constructive role & a tool for improvement....if it's unimportant criticism & having a go you want to go in for, here is probably the right place.

auld stock

I welcomed mr2 response.that doesnt mean i believe it all.i dont. On the stick throwing yes i have no problem being corrected there. Im glad he responded as i had my say, he defended his position & had his so now anyone at the game can read his account & make up their own minds.some will believe his version , others wont & that is anyones right. I never said it was an easy job & would deny your your question do i only want unimportant criticism. So drawing a line under once again well done mr2 for  explaining his position.personally i would welcome any platform where refs  do make themselves accountable . Let others make their own mind up.i have

playwiththewind1st

They put in their match report & text in the final score. That's the end of the "accountability".

auld stock

And IMO therein lies the problem.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 05:29:49 PM
And IMO therein lies the problem.
Would the problem not lie with not knowing the rules and shouting rubbish from the line? Or not respecting the referee? I'm only too willing to judge my game afterwards, I make a mistake here and there, never as many as the manager or players on the pitch but hey there ya go. 

The ref is part of the game, without it you won't have games to watch and grumble about.

It be fair to say that all the refs know the rules better than you  ;)

auld stock

Nope. I thought i had nailed this. You made a detailed response, that doesnt mean that it is fact. I didnt believe most of what you said.that doesnt make me right either. Once again in glad you took time to respond & anyone who watched the game can now look at my version & your response & make up their own mind. Im more than happy with that. People said you wouldnt respond .i was confident you would & whats more i practically dictated your response.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 06:12:26 PM
Nope. I thought i had nailed this. You made a detailed response, that doesnt mean that it is fact. I didnt believe most of what you said.that doesnt make me right either. Once again in glad you took time to respond & anyone who watched the game can now look at my version & your response & make up their own mind. Im more than happy with that. People said you wouldnt respond .i was confident you would & whats more i practically dictated your response.  ;)

So did know I was the ref but said you didn't know! What a nob! So you don't know the rules, that's why you asked? But believe your own rules?

Jesus lads someone have a word with this clampit, I'm actually thinking he's not from Cushendall

auld stock

Wrong again.i didnt know you were the ref.when i daid people said you wouldnt reply......... people said that today to me. Look its quite simple you want to keep this goin on here well fill your boots i'll be ready with a reply. If you dont then thats fine. You're quite a needy person. Why not just accept everyone doesnt agree with you. Me im not that bothered. Its all here. People will make their own minds up

Milltown Row2

Obviously you lack basic intelligence, I pulled you on your rant, you didn't agree with it, even after the explanation based on the rules, you've called me a cheat and berated my performance.

If trolling is your thing and personal abuse while hiding behind the computer, then carry on. You are beyond a normal debate.