Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Quote from: let it fly on November 29, 2017, 02:48:24 PM
What local Cdall lads were in for it?i cant remember a time an outsider took them

Incase you weren't aware Eamon has a business and been living in Cushendall for a long time now.

MoChara

Quote from: Megaman on November 29, 2017, 03:15:05 PM
What local Cdall lads were in for it?i cant remember a time an outsider took them

Incase you weren't aware Eamon has a business and been living in Cushendall for a long time now.

Going by local law Bouncy's kids might get to call themselves Cushendall

Na Glinntí Glasa

Johnny Campbell back in as Lgiel manager i hear last night.
hurl like f**k boi!

faughs

Jackie Carson taking Carey I hear

let it fly

Quote from: Megaman on November 29, 2017, 03:15:05 PM

Im aware of that but as far as hurling would go hed always be considered a loughgiel man in Cushendall id imagine, surprised phillip campbell didnt give it one more year after 2 years where it just didnt go right for Cushendall.

saffron89

I see mcclean soundly beat  for the antrim chair this evening
Lot of Dunloy people didn't even want him in, I think it was the correct decision
Just hope Collie can get things going properly,  did noit like his call
To develop corrigan last year !!!!

Milltown Row2

WE should be developing all our grounds...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Same management back in for our seniors for next season.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2017, 11:12:01 PM
WE should be developing all our grounds...

I think the criticism is that CD was pushing the development of his own clubs ground at the County's expense.  Certainly leaves himself open encouraging such an initiative

In my opinion Ballymena should be the venue where funds should be directed in that regard. Half an hour from everywhere and more likely to attract SW/NA & SA support   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Ballymena is the place for it. Central and good pitch and parking.

saffron89

Yeah I agree with development of all our grounds
He was talking about developing it as county ground until
Casement which I  didn't agree with.  Ballymena perfect spot
And should have been as opposed to dunSILLY
BUT from what Ive seen not much research done there

NAG1

Quote from: saffron89 on December 05, 2017, 06:06:47 PM

Cant argue with the location of Ballymena and general support for development there, I just cant see how it could be developed into a ground which could hold a big game never mind a series of them?

Cant use the main pitch across the road for any big games because of the lack of changing facilities. Parking is adequate for big juvenile clubs games but outside of that additional space is going to be needed for cars. Where does that come from?

I think it presents more problems than solutions and again it creates the arguement of developing one club's grounds while not doing others.

This is not a slight on the work carried out by All Saints in recent years against a backdrop of resistance, it has been a stirling effort.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on December 06, 2017, 08:44:49 AM

Cant argue with the location of Ballymena and general support for development there, I just cant see how it could be developed into a ground which could hold a big game never mind a series of them?

Cant use the main pitch across the road for any big games because of the lack of changing facilities. Parking is adequate for big juvenile clubs games but outside of that additional space is going to be needed for cars. Where does that come from?

I think it presents more problems than solutions and again it creates the arguement of developing one club's grounds while not doing others.

This is not a slight on the work carried out by All Saints in recent years against a backdrop of resistance, it has been a stirling effort.

I think if you check back on my posts around the time of the Rasharkin Lamh Dhearg fight, i expressed those concerns.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 06, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

I think if you check back on my posts around the time of the Rasharkin Lamh Dhearg fight, i expressed those concerns.

When one of our better referees was attacked?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Its in a great location both in terms of road access and handiness for all of the county. It has space around it (i.e fields) to develop (i.e build stuff on). It would be the obvious place to develop a fanbase for our County teams. Every chance all saints would/have told them they're not interested anyway. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera