Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Linfield fans will have the last laugh at Griffiths if Celtic fail to qualify and were left without a recognised striker over 2 legs v Rosenberg!

T Fearon

Seriously that was worse than anything Ronny served up against a team that needed extra time to beat Dundalk.Also Rosenborg could easily have scored three in the second half.

Main Street

A typical dull support, sat on their arses waiting for stuff to happen, moaning at players and all at a time when their team really needed a support. That could have been a home game for Arsenal, it was so bad.
Pity the GB got themselves banned for this game as they were missed more than a striker.

Celtic were fortunate to come out with a 0-0 and are still warm favorites for the tie.

ned

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 26, 2017, 10:42:34 PM
Linfield fans will have the last laugh at Griffiths if Celtic fail to qualify and were left without a recognised striker over 2 legs v Rosenberg!

Griffiths was injured!

MoChara

Quote from: ned on July 27, 2017, 06:57:00 AM

Griffiths was injured!

Dembele was injured Griffiths was banned, but hes back for the second leg

T Fearon

You might as well have Suarez,Neymar and Messi.No striker will score unless chances are created for him,something Celtic failed to do last night

Hectic

Yeah Rosenborg looked like the team mid season. Celtics passing was nowhere near crisp enough. Hopefully another week and a recognised striker will make a difference.

For the Dundalk comparison, that is still a better result than they got at home and Celtic do not need to better their result away to qualify. However it will not be easy, I hate these games when stage of season is a massive leveller but certainly not helped with no strikers and I am hoping the biggest part of the problem was unfamiliar shape as opposed to being off the pace sharpness wise.

illdecide

Griffiths was injured!

Griffith's is carrying a knock but even if he was fit he was suspended for one game for the scarf incident at Windsor Pk, he should be back for next week. If he's not we're in serious trouble, sh!t we're in serious trouble anyway
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Was there any positives at all?

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2017, 08:54:54 AM

Griffiths was injured!

Griffith's is carrying a knock but even if he was fit he was suspended for one game for the scarf incident at Windsor Pk, he should be back for next week. If he's not we're in serious trouble, sh!t we're in serious trouble anyway

I would not say we are in serious trouble. We have a clean sheet so a score draw or win will do us. We cannot be any more disjointed than last night.

Esmarelda

Didn't see the game but saw both of Dundalk's games against Rosenborg.

They seemed average enough and Bendtner was the worst player on the pitch.

They were extremely poor at defending set pieces so a bit of up and at them early on should do it.

MoChara

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

They were extremely poor at defending set pieces so a bit of up and at them early on should do it.

To be fair last night they were fantastic at set pieces maybe something they've been working on since.

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 27, 2017, 08:56:03 AM
Was there any positives at all?

We controlled the whole first half but it was pointless as we were passing it about mid field while they lay very deep I can't really think of one time we looked like scoring bar a  few long range efforts of Armstrong and Rogic. Speaking of Rogic I think he was lost being used up front as a striker for most of the game, when brought back a bit he was more effective.

Hectic

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 27, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

I was saying that last night that Dundalk hurt them at set pieces and could have scored more that way.  No Dembele, Boyata and Erik meant we lost a lot of power in the air but then we did not have a lot of set pieces either.

Esmarelda

Who played up front for Celtic?