County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

No white smoke on the Roscommon manager yet. Roscommon GAA have tweeted "our preferred candidate has requested additional time to confirm one additional member of his backroom team"
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orchard park

Check that  man's sanity.

Meanwhile we wait on Stephen poacher to leave  carlow and join us

ck

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2018, 09:03:05 PM
Just for the record Syferus never speaks for me.
Nor for 95% of Roscommon.

So he speaks for 5% of Ross? Not bad

Smurfy123

Stephen Poacher involved with Carlow so I would imagine it's to give him time to let them know.

Syferus

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 22, 2018, 09:26:40 PM
Stephen Poacher involved with Carlow so I would imagine it's to give him time to let them know.

Do they not have electrification in Carlow yet

ck

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2018, 05:01:40 PM
Quote from: ck on October 22, 2018, 03:53:06 PM
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

Who's in his backroom team?

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 22, 2018, 04:06:34 PM
Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

Very good appointment there if the players buy into it.

He managed Queens to a Sigerson? Don't think so. Maybe part of a backroom team but he certainly was not manager. The only job he has had as actual front man manager to the best of my knowledge was Louth and based on memory it was a disaster.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ck on October 22, 2018, 09:30:46 PM
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

He managed Queens to a Sigerson? Don't think so. Maybe part of a backroom team but he certainly was not manager. The only job he has had as actual front man manager to the best of my knowledge was Louth and based on memory it was a disaster.

Assistant manager with Queens and they haven't got close to winning the Sigerson cup since that win. Look at where Louth are now after a number of managers, I think that says more about Louth than O'Rourke.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2018, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: ck on October 22, 2018, 09:30:46 PM

Assistant manager with Queens and they haven't got close to winning the Sigerson cup since that win. Look at where Louth are now after a number of managers, I think that says more about Louth than O'Rourke.

A poor workman blames his tools..

macdanger2

Is it true that McStay is going to manage castlebar next year?

Blowitupref

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 22, 2018, 10:45:25 PM
Is it true that McStay is going to manage castlebar next year?
If true his retirement didn't last long.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

stephenite

It's his job to get the players to buy into it, if they don't it's a bad appointment and he will have failed.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stephenite on October 22, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

It's his job to get the players to buy into it, if they don't it's a bad appointment and he will have failed.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 23, 2018, 01:31:47 AM
Quote from: stephenite on October 22, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

These players have achieved more in the last ten years than O'Rourke has so you could as easily be referring to them dragging him over the line.

It's far from a done deal so your man may not even be good enough to make the first hurdle..

onefaircounty

Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM

Plenty in the county less than happy with the appointment. It's no surprise to see you Stanning for an Armagh man, though.

The same tîts in the county who complained about what McStay's cost was better keep their knives sharpened because O'Rourke and his buddies won't be coming in cheapily. I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that amount of money.

If he gets the job I wish him the best but he has a hard task ahead of him given his track record in Louth and the players that won't be available next year.

Not the first time I've heard the Louth thing. His two years there included a fourth placed finish in Division Two, a 10-point Leinster win over Laois, coming within a point of a Leinster semi-final, a five-point Leinster win over Westmeath and a qualifier win. They'd kill for that now.

Syferus

Quote from: onefaircounty on October 23, 2018, 02:35:59 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM

Plenty in the county less than happy with the appointment. It's no surprise to see you Stanning for an Armagh man, though.

The same tîts in the county who complained about what McStay's cost was better keep their knives sharpened because O'Rourke and his buddies won't be coming in cheapily. I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that amount of money.

If he gets the job I wish him the best but he has a hard task ahead of him given his track record in Louth and the players that won't be available next year.

Not the first time I've heard the Louth thing. His two years there included a fourth placed finish in Division Two, a 10-point Leinster win over Laois, coming within a point of a Leinster semi-final, a five-point Leinster win over Westmeath and a qualifier win. They'd kill for that now.

We wouldn't.