County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Many county teams about ulster would not have McGurn anywhere near the place. He has not got a clue and got sacked from Armagh and a few club teams about here. Bad move

Syferus

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 22, 2018, 05:46:31 PM
Many county teams about ulster would not have McGurn anywhere near the place. He has not got a clue and got sacked from Armagh and a few club teams about here. Bad move

I believe neither the glowing praise nor this.

Smurfy123

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2018, 05:01:40 PM
Quote from: ck on October 22, 2018, 03:53:06 PM
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

Who's in his backroom team?

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 22, 2018, 04:06:34 PM
Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

Very good appointment there if the players buy into it.

Plenty in the county less than happy with the appointment. It's no surprise to see you Stanning for an Armagh man, though.

The same tîts in the county who complained about what McStay's cost was better keep their knives sharpened because O'Rourke and his buddies won't be coming in cheapily. I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that amount of money.

If he gets the job I wish him the best but he has a hard task ahead of him given his track record in Louth and the players that won't be available next year.

In other words you wish him the best as you sharpen the knife.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2018, 06:25:52 PM
A strange choice for the Rossies! As a Sligo man I would be pleasantly surprised as I thought they had more buying power. O'Rourke was with Kildare, Down, Armagh, Louth and Queen's winning a grand total of nothing. A modern day GAA journeyman.

He won the Sigerson cup with Queens and was on the Kildare management that reached the All Ireland semi final and very close to winning it. If the rossies manage that they will be more than happy I'd say.

Mike McGurn the S&C coach. A good few Roscommon  players need good conditioning.

Plenty in the county less than happy with the appointment. It's no surprise to see you Stanning for an Armagh man, though.

The same tîts in the county who complained about what McStay's cost was better keep their knives sharpened because O'Rourke and his buddies won't be coming in cheapily. I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that amount of money.

If he gets the job I wish him the best but he has a hard task ahead of him given his track record in Louth and the players that won't be available next year.

In other words you wish him the best as you sharpen the knife.

I don't do knife sharpening but I know how the pea-brained GAA supporters in every county operate.

GalwayBayBoy

Who's not available next year?

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 22, 2018, 06:45:07 PM

Who's not available next year?

Not going to name any names but there's about half a dozen of the panel who will be unavailable for next season because they're travelling in the summer or for other non-football reasons. Some may be tempted to stick around to stay up in the league before they go so it's counterproductive to say more.

Rossfan

They were unavailable to McStay.
Let's see who's unavailable when the new man comes calling.
Syferus still pining for McStay,  the man who resigned because he knew what he delivered wasn't good enough especially the lack of defending.
Syferus blowing about reaching AI Qtr Finals 2 years in a row was manager if the century stuff -ignoring losing 4 of the 5 games by a total of almost 70 points.
Well see how the new management team doestrogen while eejits continues to run them down because they're not from feckin Mayo.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Other eejits preferred when we were losing to Sligo as thery weren't getting beaten in Qf.

I hope our players are half as good as some think they are but after 6 years of JE & McStay I think we are around our level. Top d2 team not good enough for summer football.

Blowitupref

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 22, 2018, 08:02:24 PM
Other eejits preferred when we were losing to Sligo as thery weren’t getting beaten in Qf.

I hope our players are half as good as some think they are but after 6 years of JE & McStay I think we are around our level. Top d2 team not good enough for summer football.
If Roscommon can rise from Div 4 in 2011 to a Div 1 semi final in 2016 and be able to beat Galway by 9 points last year in the Connacht final then i'd wonder what Roscommon could do if they became a consistent and well organized side?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on October 22, 2018, 04:02:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 22, 2018, 03:46:49 PM
Will the Rossies be happy with O'Rourke?

No

He might have a good backroom team if rumours are to be beehives at least.

As A Rossie syf doesn't speak for us all.

Backroom tea  will be deciding factor.  It let the last big name front man down....

O'Rourke probably better than anyone else who was interested but it sums up how low the external opinion of Ross football despite being in D1 and super 8s that this is as good as we get,

Nigel Dineen was the outstanding local candidates has question marks also

I speak for everyone

Including you

Trust me whoever u are, you don't speak for me and your knowledge of all football  including Roscommon is similar to a turd  dropped last week

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on October 22, 2018, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on October 22, 2018, 04:02:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2018, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 22, 2018, 03:46:49 PM
Will the Rossies be happy with O'Rourke?

No

He might have a good backroom team if rumours are to be beehives at least.

As A Rossie syf doesn't speak for us all.

Backroom tea  will be deciding factor.  It let the last big name front man down....

O'Rourke probably better than anyone else who was interested but it sums up how low the external opinion of Ross football despite being in D1 and super 8s that this is as good as we get,

Nigel Dineen was the outstanding local candidates has question marks also

I speak for everyone

Including you

Trust me whoever u are, you don't speak for me and your knowledge of all football  including Roscommon is similar to a turd  dropped last week

If I'm a turd you're the hollowed out carcass of an old turd

I only speak the truth

Orchard park

R4ad whatb i said.

Are you so deluded you think your opinion represents a consensus of all Roscommon...

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on October 22, 2018, 08:53:20 PM
R4ad whatb i said.

Are you so deluded you think your opinion represents a consensus of all Roscommon...

I don't think it

I know it

Rossfan

Just for the record Syferus never speaks for me.
Nor for 95% of Roscommon.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM