Previous topic - Next topic

Oso

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2024, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 02:54:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2024, 10:51:14 AM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 09:29:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2024, 08:54:02 AM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 08:38:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2024, 10:22:37 PMPissing off Oso... tick
Glen, best team Ireland... tick

Pissing me off? Aye alright, you're not even on the radar wee man.  You're very quick to throw in your referees view on most things in here but  it doesn't surprise me you missed any of those points , I've seen you in action.

Not on your radar but mentioned me in your post about the game? Wise up wee man

Because you're a referee, as you like to remind everyone and offer your opinion on most decisions from your armchair.  I asked you to justify or explain the decisions? Can you not justify them, or did you miss them? 

Did you give opinions? Not sure if you have ever played before, but in the rules you don't stop the play for cramp, now if the player had have went down and held his head the ref may have done something different. Also the player taking the free didn't have to take it right away, could have held up, might have made the ref give a throw ball but it might not have ended up with the ball in the net.

A bit of cuteness and Glen could have lost the game, but in the end they (Naomh Brid) were the masters of their own downfall and lost the game.

I've said on another thread that the ref was grand, couldn't really fault him too much, the hurling ref, not so much.

As I said before, I'll be at a hell of a lot more games than you will ever be at

I know all of this... Everyone knows this about cramp....but as I specifically said the Glen player fouled the St Brigids player and in the process of fouling him this resulted in cramp....presumably fatigue and over stretching and getting dragged. 

The ref acknowledged the foul, gave the free but didn't allow the St Brigids player to be treated for cramp even though by giving the free he acknowledged what caused the cramp.  He wasn't faking, he couldn't get up and needed treatment.  The ref then forces St Brigids to take the free even though they are at a numerical disadvantage as a direct consequence of the foul that's just been committed against them?? 

Where's the logic or fairness in any of that??

You didn't answer my question? You just regurgitated what we all know.  Did you not see it from your armchair?  Or do you not understand what I'm asking?  The foul caused the cramp....why then is the player not allowed to be treated in an instance like this and why should the referee force st Brigids to take the free with a man down even though the foul resulted in they man being down?

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be. Do you not know the answer??

"Masters of their own downfall" for being forced to take a free with a man lying on the ground as a consequence of the foul.  Jesus wept

I've played many years, never before have I seen or heard of someone getting fouled and developing cramp, he was fouled and his teammate took the free

I'll say it one more time, and maybe your pea sized brain will understand, head injury stop play, cramp play on.

All the other stuff is irrelevant, Naomh Brid lost the game because the scored less than Glen over the course of the match, not because of a player having cramp.

Move on..

That's the stupidest post yet. Of course players are more likely to get cramp if approaching fatigue if suddenly hauled or dragged and their muscles have to stand up to a sudden involuntary movement.  If you don't know.....don't open your mouth, you know what Abraham Lincoln would say.

You subscribe to the school of "well i've never seen it so it can't be a thing". That evidence based practice. I'm looking for the clown emoji here but seems there isn't one.

So you've confirmed you know f@#k all about sports science. You're also well on the way to confirming you either don't know the rules or actually don't know how to apply them properly.  But then we all knew that already, you've just put it in type.

Oso

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 23, 2024, 04:28:06 PMThis is the depths Oso has sunk us to, we're finding ourselves sticking up for MR2. God I hate him

Maybe you can answer the original questions I posed?

1-1 for Glen directly from bad calls from the referee between the 58th and 60th minute in a one point game!!

I doubt you've the literacy tbh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2024, 10:22:37 PMPissing off Oso... tick

Pissing me off? Aye alright, you're not even on the radar wee man.  You're very quick to throw in your referees view on most things in here but  it doesn't surprise me you missed any of those points , I've seen you in action.

Because you're a referee, as you like to remind everyone and offer your opinion on most decisions from your armchair.  I asked you to justify or explain the decisions? Can you not justify them, or did you miss them? 

Did you give opinions? Not sure if you have ever played before, but in the rules you don't stop the play for cramp, now if the player had have went down and held his head the ref may have done something different. Also the player taking the free didn't have to take it right away, could have held up, might have made the ref give a throw ball but it might not have ended up with the ball in the net.

A bit of cuteness and Glen could have lost the game, but in the end they (Naomh Brid) were the masters of their own downfall and lost the game.

I've said on another thread that the ref was grand, couldn't really fault him too much, the hurling ref, not so much.

As I said before, I'll be at a hell of a lot more games than you will ever be at

I know all of this... Everyone knows this about cramp....but as I specifically said the Glen player fouled the St Brigids player and in the process of fouling him this resulted in cramp....presumably fatigue and over stretching and getting dragged. 

The ref acknowledged the foul, gave the free but didn't allow the St Brigids player to be treated for cramp even though by giving the free he acknowledged what caused the cramp.  He wasn't faking, he couldn't get up and needed treatment.  The ref then forces St Brigids to take the free even though they are at a numerical disadvantage as a direct consequence of the foul that's just been committed against them?? 

You didn't answer my question? You just regurgitated what we all know.  Did you not see it from your armchair?  Or do you not understand what I'm asking?  The foul caused the cramp....why then is the player not allowed to be treated in an instance like this and why should the referee force st Brigids to take the free with a man down even though the foul resulted in they man being down?

"Masters of their own downfall" for being forced to take a free with a man lying on the ground as a consequence of the foul.  Jesus wept

I've played many years, never before have I seen or heard of someone getting fouled and developing cramp, he was fouled and his teammate took the free

I'll say it one more time, and maybe your pea sized brain will understand, head injury stop play, cramp play on.

All the other stuff is irrelevant, Naomh Brid lost the game because the scored less than Glen over the course of the match, not because of a player having cramp.

Move on..

That's the stupidest post yet. Of course players are more likely to get cramp if approaching fatigue if suddenly hauled or dragged and their muscles have to stand up to a sudden involuntary movement.  If you don't know.....don't open your mouth, you know what Abraham Lincoln would say.

You subscribe to the school of "well i've never seen it so it can't be a thing". That evidence based practice. I'm looking for the clown emoji here but seems there isn't one.

So you've confirmed you know f@#k all about sports science. You're also well on the way to confirming you either don't know the rules or actually don't know how to apply them properly.  But then we all knew that already, you've just put it in type.

So when a player gets cramp it's down to being fouled? 👌

And the ref should stop play for cramp

And no, the ref is not obligated to stop play because he knows nothing on sports science.

I wonder will they bring that into the training for ref's  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oso

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2024, 05:17:13 PM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:08:12 PM

Move on..

So when a player gets cramp it's down to being fouled? 👌

And the ref should stop play for cramp

And no, the ref is not obligated to stop play because he knows nothing on sports science.

I wonder will they bring that into the training for ref's  ;D

No, you said that!! You just made that bit up!

Read what I said again....slowly

Based on this evidence they should probably bring in an IQ test though.

Oso

No one's saying the ref should "stop play for cramp"

The ref had already stopped play for a foul which directly led to the player who was fouled needing medical attention from the physio.

Jeez, what part don't you get??

Computer says no!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:11:50 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 23, 2024, 04:28:06 PMThis is the depths Oso has sunk us to, we're finding ourselves sticking up for MR2. God I hate him

1-1 for Glen directly from bad calls from the referee between the 58th and 60th minute in a one point game!!

The f*ck am I debating with you wee man but keep going you're entertaining if nothing else

Just curious if you rate Glen at all yet but also don't really want you to answer

Update - Glens 3rd night of celebration cancelled as Oso still won't acknowledge them

Milltown Row2

The ref did nowt wrong.

Not obligated to stop play for cramp

The rest of your post is irrelevant

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oso

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 23, 2024, 05:50:40 PM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:11:50 PM

The f*ck am I debating with you wee man but keep going you're entertaining if nothing else

Just curious if you rate Glen at all yet but also don't really want you to answer

Update - Glens 3rd night of celebration cancelled as Oso still won't acknowledge them

Good...know your place!

Nanderson

Injuries: General - Play shall not be stopped
for injury to a player, except in exceptional
circumstances to enable a seriously injured
player to be treated on the field or removed
from the field of play. All other Injuries shall be
treated off the field of play.

I'll jot this down as not a serious injury and play carries on. If it happened earlier in the game then refs are more likely to allow treatment but towards the end of the game they are less likely to allow treatment to avoid players trying to slow the game down and you'd usually only see it for head injuries.

quit yo jibbajabba

Boys the sooner we agree they were the luckiest winners ever the sooner we can move on. The ref won them the game again Cargin the fog won it for them in the semi and the cramp won it for them in the final.

Joke of a team. 2 defeats in 3 years. Both avenged

Sorry. Can't help it 😋

Estimator

Have to agree with Oso, the ref was poor between the 58th and 60th minute..

he missed a blatant black card rugby tackle by O'Carroll after his shot was superbly blocked down.
Ulster League Champions 2009

onefineday

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2024, 08:04:33 PMIt does actually

Someone said Derry is 50% protestant

It is split between AREA followed  by % CATHOLIC

Causeway Coast and Glens      40.1%   
Derry and Strabane         72.4%   
Fermanagh and Omagh         64.3%   

So 50% is very unlikely unless 60% of the county is in Causeway Coast and Glens

West of the Bann the Protestant% is below 40% I would imagine

Taking 2021 census figures:
Co. Derry (less Derry City) - 167K
Catholic - 88K (53%)
Protestant - 68K (40%)
No religion given - 11K (7%)

so slightly over 50% catholic - depends on the make-up of the no religon given people - my experience would suggest likely to be from a unionist tradition, but that's largely anecdotal.

Blowitupref

AIB GAA CLUB PLAYERS AWARDS 2023/24

FOOTBALL

Rory Beggan (Scotstown)
Ryan Dougan (Watty Grahams, Glen)
Brian Stack (St Brigid's)
Pearse Frost (St Brigid's)
Ruaidhrí Fallon (St Brigid's)
Ciaran McFaul (Watty Graham's, Glen)
Michael Warnock (Watty Graham's, Glen)
Conor Glass (Watty Graham's, Glen)
Emmett Bradley (Watty Graham's, Glen)
Eunan Mulholland (Watty Graham's, Glen)
Paul Mannion (Kilmacud Crokes)
Shane Walsh (Kilmacud Crokes)
Ben O'Carroll (St Brigid's)
Darragh Kirwan (Naas)
Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)

AIB GAA CLUB FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES

Conor Glass

Ben O'Carroll

Shane Walsh

HURLING

Gerald Kelly (St Thomas')
Paddy Burke (Ruairí Óg, Cushendall)
Fintan Burke (St Thomas')
Huw Lawlor (O'Loughlin Gaels)
David Fogarty (O'Loughlin Gaels)
Paddy Deegan (O'Loughlin Gaels)
Shane Cooney (St Thomas')
David Burke (St Thomas')
Paddy Leavey (Ballygunner)
Mark Bergin (O'Loughlin Gaels)
Conor Cooney (St Thomas')
Peter Hogan (Ballygunner)
Dessie Hutchinson (Ballygunner)
Éanna Burke (St Thomas')
Neil McManus (Ruairí Óg, Cushendall)

AIB GAA CLUB HURLER OF THE YEAR NOMINEES

Paddy Deegan

David Burke

David Fogarty
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose