The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: BennyCake on April 03, 2018, 04:31:28 PM
A few macho texts doesn't mean they are guilty.

you think that was 'macho'?  :-\

spuds

Surely get 100 pages out of this thread.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

sid waddell

I find it very, ahem, "interesting" that so many men deny there is such a thing as rape culture.

whitey

Quote from: BennyCake on April 03, 2018, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 03, 2018, 03:09:20 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 03, 2018, 02:22:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2018, 01:03:53 PM
The trial is over and your point is pointless!

Yes, the trial is over. Somebody should tell those protestors. Why don't they protest about something that would be beneficial to the country? The banks fcuk the place, cuts to everything, thousands homeless, hospitals under pressure, roads woeful. Why didn't they join the protest for legacy inquiries, where their fellow countrymen and women were murdered by British state collusion? Nowhere to be seen when it comes to any of that. Idiots.

I don't think the protests do any harm, and if it helps people vent their anger then all well and good. It might also remind people to do the right thing next time they're out on the pull.

Protests in the occupied six are a waste of time, unless they are about civil rights or about flegs on the city hall. The brits will continue to pay more per head to 6 county occupants than what brummies or scousers get. That is, until the english finally catch on.

But these protests indicate the men are to blame. Fact is, jury found them not guilty. Case closed. That's the end of it.

Is it maybe a case of over reach by the CPS? 

Could they have been charged with a lesser crime and therefore increase the  likelihood of a conviction.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2018, 03:44:12 PM

Yes, the trial is over. Somebody should tell those protestors. Why don't they protest about something that would be beneficial to the country? The banks fcuk the place, cuts to everything, thousands homeless, hospitals under pressure, roads woeful. Why didn't they join the protest for legacy inquiries, where their fellow countrymen and women were murdered by British state collusion? Nowhere to be seen when it comes to any of that. Idiots.

I don't think the protests do any harm, and if it helps people vent their anger then all well and good. It might also remind people to do the right thing next time they're out on the pull.

Protests in the occupied six are a waste of time, unless they are about civil rights or about flegs on the city hall. The brits will continue to pay more per head to 6 county occupants than what brummies or scousers get. That is, until the english finally catch on.

But these protests indicate the men are to blame. Fact is, jury found them not guilty. Case closed. That's the end of it.

Have you any idea of the amount of violence, sexual or otherwise, that is perpetrated against mainly women that goes unreported all the time?

Also - you do understand that not being convicted doesn't mean everything was fine. Far from it.
+1

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 03, 2018, 05:17:17 PM
I find it very, ahem, "interesting" that so many men deny there is such a thing as rape culture.

Who denies this?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

Who denies this?

Accepting it in the abstract but denying it in individual cases seems to be the modus operandi for people like yourself. Every major case is the exception to the rule in your eyes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

Who denies this?

Accepting it in the abstract but denying it in individual cases seems to be the modus operandi for people like yourself. Every major case is the exception to the rule in your eyes.

Why not take each case as it is and look at the facts first before cutting everyone down!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

Who denies this?

Why not take each case as it is and look at the facts first before cutting everyone down!

Why not take into account context so?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2018, 06:05:49 PM

Who denies this?

Why not take into account context so?
You're just lucky sheep can't speak
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

yellowcard

Craig Gilroy has now been removed from the Ulster squad for this weekends match as Ulster rugby carries out a review following the rape trial.

BennyCake

Who denies this?

Yes I agree

sid waddell

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 03, 2018, 06:30:32 PM

You're just lucky sheep can't speak
But they can apparently type, as this post shows.

Owen Brannigan

David McKeown

Quote from: whitey on April 03, 2018, 05:17:34 PM

Is it maybe a case of over reach by the CPS? 

Could they have been charged with a lesser crime and therefore increase the  likelihood of a conviction.

No. They were charged with the offences the PPS believed they had committed. Had they committed lesser offences those either would have been charged or depending on the offence may have been open to the jury as an alternative verdict. For example. Jackson was charged with two counts rape because the complainant alleged he used his penis and sexual assault because she also alleged at a different stage he used his finger/fingers or had. Had the jury not been convinced he used his penis on the first occasion but did believe he used some other part of his body then they could have acquitted of rape but convicted him of a sexual assault. He could also then have been convicted of the sexual assault he was charged with as the complainant alleged they were two separate instances.

The PPS weren't over reaching as you put it although as mentioned above by BCB in hindsight questions will be asked over other aspects of their processes
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner